Migration API mbox files

robert dupont

Aug 24, 2012, 11:19:44 AM8/24/12
to google-app...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm wondering if it was possible to migrate an mbox file with Migration API.

Thanks,

Robert

Alexandre Jacquet

Aug 24, 2012, 1:12:00 PM8/24/12
to google-app...@googlegroups.com
Hello Robert,

Yes, it is possible. The only thing required is to open the MBOX file using an API (for example: http://tika.apache.org/0.7/formats.html) and get the RFC 822 and sent using the Google Email Migration API.

I'd recommed you to give a look in the samples provided by Google.

Alexandre Jacquet
Inline image 1

Nubis Partners - Nice 2 Cloud U
Deployment & Operations

Debasish Pramanik

Aug 24, 2012, 1:45:21 PM8/24/12
to google-app...@googlegroups.com
Yes. It should be possible. MBox stores email as EML format and Migration API uses EML as input to upload email to the user account.

NOTE: INSTALL gBuddy (FREE Corporate Directory) from Marketplace www.gBuddyapp.com.

Regards,

Debasish Pramanik
Mobile : 9923917883 | Office : +91-65293975
Fax : | Web : www.cloudcodes.com
Plus

Gartner's Report Google Upsetting Microsoft’s Cloud-Office System Ambitions.

[Visit our Google Apps Add-On Products Portal ]

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

CloudCodes Software Pvt Ltd, 202 - P3, Pentagon, Magarpatta Cybercity, Pune - 411027, Maharashtra. India. Tel : +91-65293975, URL : www.cloudcodes.com