User Profiles api (java client library) - no documentation?

Patricia N Goldweic

Sep 7, 2012, 1:27:05 PM9/7/12
to google-app...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I've been unable to find the developers guide for the User Profiles api (java client library). Does anybody know where this documentation is? (or, otherwise, is Google supporting this functionality?). I've only been able to find one example of use of this library as it respects the User Profiles api
(in https://developers.google.com/google-apps/help/articles/unshare-profiles-using-batch) , and I am wondering whether I can assume that 2-legged Oauth can be used in general for this api (since it is used in this particular example in which many profiles are being 'unshared' in batch mode). In particular, I am interested in writing an application that will 'share' AND 'unshare' specific Google Apps profiles, and would be nice to see relevant examples. Thanks in advance for any help,
-Patricia

pgol...@northwestern.edu

Chaskiel Grundman

Oct 2, 2012, 10:31:40 AM10/2/12
to google-app...@googlegroups.com
The user profiles api appears to be part of the contacts API, which is in the list of APIs that allow 2-legged OAuth:
http://support.google.com/a/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=162106

The user profiles api documentation is here

Patricia N Goldweic

Oct 2, 2012, 11:51:27 AM10/2/12
to google-app...@googlegroups.com

If you are replying to my question (posted a few weeks ago), then I was asking for the * java client library*  documentation for this api, which is not in the urls you pointed us to.

-Patricia

Chaskiel Grundman

Oct 2, 2012, 12:28:33 PM10/2/12
to google-app...@googlegroups.com
There are java samples in the "Google Apps Profiles API Developer's Guide", the second link in my message. They do not seem any less detailed than the documentation for the contacts api in the gdata-java-client. From what I can tell, the profiles api is equivalent to the contacts api, except that the urls are different. Instead of

https://www.google.com/m8/feeds/contacts/{user@domain}/

the url's are

https://www.google.com/m8/feeds/profiles/domain/{domainName}/