2 legged OAuth and Provisioning API

Michael Gawrychowski

Apr 23, 2012, 10:03:10 AM4/23/12
to google-app...@googlegroups.com
Hi, is there any way to work with the provisioning API using the 2 legged OAuth? It looks like the class Zend_Gdata_Gapps doesn't work with it.

Claudio Cherubino

Apr 23, 2012, 12:00:02 PM4/23/12
to google-app...@googlegroups.com
Hi Michael,

The Provisioning API supports 2-legged OAuth and the PHP client library does too, as documented at:

Claudio

On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 7:03 AM, Michael Gawrychowski <mic...@gawrychowski.com> wrote:
Hi, is there any way to work with the provisioning API using the 2 legged OAuth? It looks like the class Zend_Gdata_Gapps doesn't work with it.

Patricia N Goldweic

Apr 23, 2012, 12:13:03 PM4/23/12
to google-app...@googlegroups.com

To add to Claudio’s response, it’s useful to know that 2-legged OAuth has only been supported in ‘read’ mode for the provisioning api L (or at least this is the last I knew; if the situation has changed, please correct me).Thanks,

-Patricia

Claudio Cherubino

Apr 23, 2012, 12:16:10 PM4/23/12
to google-app...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Patricia, that's absolutely correct.
The Provisioning API supports read/write operations with 3-legged OAuth and readonly operations with 2-legged OAuth.

Claudio

Michael Gawrychowski

Claudio Cherubino

Apr 24, 2012, 11:24:18 AM4/24/12
to google-app...@googlegroups.com
Hi Michael,

The Domain OAuth consumer key is the one used for 2-legged OAuth and it doesn't allow write operations.

Claudio

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/google-apps-mgmt-apis/-/zqFAudxgLCIJ.

Michael Gawrychowski

Apr 25, 2012, 4:44:51 PM4/25/12
to google-app...@googlegroups.com
How about the Google Audit API. Would it be possible to get it to work with the 2 legged auth?

M,
Claudio

Thank you
Claudio

Claudio Cherubino

Apr 25, 2012, 4:47:49 PM4/25/12
to google-app...@googlegroups.com
The Email Audit API doesn't support 2-legged OAuth, but it supports 3-legged OAuth.

Claudio

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/google-apps-mgmt-apis/-/d1MkWyg2HYoJ.

Michael Gawrychowski

Apr 26, 2012, 9:11:03 AM4/26/12
to google-app...@googlegroups.com
Hi Claudio, thank you for your response. Is there any list online that shows which APIs require 2 legged and which 3 legged?

Thanks
M.
Claudio

Claudio Cherubino

Apr 26, 2012, 12:58:43 PM4/26/12
to google-app...@googlegroups.com
Hi Michael,

2-legged OAuth is mainly used with Google Apps Marketplace applications, so you can see the supported scopes at:

All APIs will list their 3-legged OAuth scope in their documentation.

Claudio

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/google-apps-mgmt-apis/-/EGXCwf5xW7MJ.

Message has been deleted