Google Developers Console error getting group information

Sean Meacher

May 12, 2014, 6:05:39 AM5/12/14
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
I've been asked to get some group info but it seems to have stopped
working (at some point recently)

So I do this:
gam info group online

and get back this:
Error 403: Access Not Configured. Please use Google Developers Console
to activate the API for your project. - accessNotConfigured

After a quick search, I've logged in here (as the same user I
(re-)generated the oauth key as)
https://console.developers.google.com/project
API Project -> Groups Settings API (was already on).

I've updated GAM to 3.08 just in case, but that didn't help.

Am I missing something?..

Thanks,
Sean

Jeff Boehlke

May 12, 2014, 11:37:28 AM5/12/14
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
I have the same problem.  Was working fine last week - but this morning I get the: "Error 403: Access Not Configured. Please use Google Developers Console to activate the API for your project. - accessNotConfigured" error when working with Groups.

Before last week, I had been using GAM 3.01, updated to 3.07 last week.  It does not matter which version I use.

Jeff

Jeff Boehlke

May 12, 2014, 11:51:33 AM5/12/14
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
BTW - I think this might have to do with the GAM project itself...?  I am not doing development work, so don't have any projects; if I go to https://console.developers.google.com/project, I get a screen that states:
"You don't have any projects!  Create a new project to get started."

Jeff

Jeff Boehlke

May 12, 2014, 2:05:03 PM5/12/14
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
I just tried 3.01 again, and I was able to add members to a group.  However, when attempting to update the Group Settings, I get the error.  Looks like I can create and Name the Group as well.
I will check my settings and see if perhaps there is a syntactical error of some sort.

Jeff

AlCrosby

May 15, 2014, 4:02:38 PM5/15/14
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
You need to create your own client_secrets.json file.

Starting with version 3.02, this is no longer shipped with GAM, so you need to create your own with the instructions at http://goo.gl/QYaQ6R

Why?  Google started imposing a limit cap on the number of API calls a project can make.  And everyone using GAM was sharing the same cap!  It became a bit of potluck for getting your scripts to run at a time when there were still API calls available.  Create your own clients_secrets.json file, and all will be well.

And if you still run into the cap with your own pool of API calls, create more than one clients_secrets.json file, put it in a second GAM directory, and alternate between them.

Good luck!

Albert

Romain Schmid

Jun 7, 2015, 2:18:05 PM6/7/15
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am having this issue too. I've read all the tips mentioned in this group, and nothing works. It used to work before...

I am using GAM 3.45 on a Mac
I have generated a .json file, tried to replace it, checked the APIS in the console, disabled Admin SDK API ant re-enabled it, no succes.

I've read some things about creating a public api key for the browser or iOS, but I guess this is not applicable in my case.

I am not really a developper, so I don't really understand everything, I've carefully followed the instructions in the wiki, with success... What is odd to me is that it used to work !

Thanks for any help, I am about to finish my entire setup for my school. That's the last piece of setting that's missing !

Romain Schmid

Jun 7, 2015, 2:52:05 PM6/7/15
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Hmmm, well, that's a little bit awkward : I finally found this little Groups Settings API. I thought it was listed under the usual Google Apps APIs, but it wasn't. I had already searched in the APIs library, but hadn't looked carefully enough.

Sorry for the question ! Warning to others like me : triple-check !

Romain Schmid