Gam Version "downgrade"

Bryan Guidroz

Aug 18, 2017, 8:49:37 AM8/18/17
to GAM for G Suite
I've become very dependant on GAM and I can't really afford to have problems.
I want to upgrade from GAM 4.23 to 4.30 but I would like the option to downgrade back to 4.23 if, for whatever reason, something goes wrong or my script needs updating after the upgrade.
Is there a way to do this "downgrade?"
Can I just copy the 4.23 version of /home/user/bin/gam to a temp location, then do the upgrade, and if something goes wrong, just copy the old directory back?

Jay Lee

Aug 18, 2017, 8:52:07 AM8/18/17
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Yes, everything is contained in the gam directory so snapshotting the 4.23 directory with a copy before doing the upgrade gives you an easy way to downgrade.

Jay