I cannot get the Service Account Authorization to complete.

Kevin Stokes

Dec 1, 2016, 2:49:41 PM12/1/16
to GAM for G Suite
Instructions say it will fail the first time and to go to https://admin.google.com/antiochcollege.edu/AdminHome?#0GX:Manage0authClients

and Grant Client name:

113487.....

Access to scopes:

( several scopes)

What am I doing wrong?

I am in the Admin Console but I do not see where to grant anything to anyone.

FRUSTRATED!

Ross Scroggs

Dec 1, 2016, 2:56:55 PM12/1/16
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Kevin,

Go to Admin
Click Security
Click Show more
Click Advanced settings
Click Manage API client access

Ross

Kevin Stokes

Dec 5, 2016, 3:47:37 PM12/5/16
to GAM for G Suite
Ross, et. al.,

Thanks!  That got me to the next hurdle.  The message I get now is "This client name has not been registered with Google yet.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

On Thu, Dec 1, 2016 at 11:45 AM, Kevin Stokes <kst...@antiochcollege.edu> wrote:
Instructions say it will fail the first time and to go to https://admin.google.com/antiochcollege.edu/AdminHome?#0GX:Manage0authClients

and Grant Client name:

113487.....

Access to scopes:

( several scopes)

What am I doing wrong?

I am in the Admin Console but I do not see where to grant anything to anyone.

FRUSTRATED!

Kevin Melillo

Dec 5, 2016, 4:07:04 PM12/5/16
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Once you are at the URL: https://admin.google.com/antiochcollege.edu/AdminHome?#0GX:Manage0authClients you should see the following
Inline image 1
Under Client Name and Scopes, you can paste the information for GAM.  Once this is in place, you should be good to go.

Kevin Melillo
Electronic Communications Analyst
Information Technology
445 Hoes Lane
Piscataway, NJ 08854

Kevin Stokes

Dec 5, 2016, 5:09:16 PM12/5/16
to GAM for G Suite
Great Kevin!

I copied information from the API and used xxxxx..apps.googleusercontent.com
That allowed the Client to Register.  Inside the command line install, the Service AAccount authorization still fails.  It asks if I am ready to "Authorize GAM to manager G Suite user data and settings" [y or n]
Then it asks for a "regular" user email address.  IT says I can hit NO to skip Admin authorization.  Can I skip this step or should I be entering the email address of an admin?

Thanks,
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-apps-manager+unsub...@googlegroups.com.

+KimNilsson

Dec 6, 2016, 5:26:02 AM12/6/16
to GAM for G Suite
I'm thinking you're getting mixed results because you're using both the auto-install method and parts of the manual install method.

Kevin Melillo

Dec 6, 2016, 7:40:19 AM12/6/16
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
You can use your Super Admin account for that part as well.  I believe at that point, it says it may take a few minutes, and to go grab a cup of coffee.  Run through the process, and if it fails, it will loop back, and bring you to the same prompt.  Wait another 15 minutes or so, and try again.

On Tue, Dec 6, 2016 at 5:26 AM, +KimNilsson <there.is.no...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm thinking you're getting mixed results because you're using both the auto-install method and parts of the manual install method.

Ross Scroggs

Dec 6, 2016, 9:52:28 AM12/6/16
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com

Matthew Wie

Jan 9, 2017, 12:26:35 PM1/9/17
to GAM for G Suite
I'm having the same issue.  I've previously done the install just fine, but now on a new PC I cannot get the scopes to work. I've added my client_id and the scopes, but no dice.  I've been through the install several times now.. anyone else seeing this issue?

I get FAIL for all the scopes when entering a standard user.  I've checked the client id both in the console and the oauth2service file, double checked the scopes, removed, re-added. no dice.
Message has been deleted

Ross Scroggs

Jan 9, 2017, 1:12:19 PM1/9/17
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Matthew,

1) Login at admin.google.com
2) In the grid at upper right choose Admin if you're not already there
3) Click Security
4) Click Show more
5) Click Advanced settings
6) Click Manage Client API Access

Ross

Matthew,

1) Login at admin.google.com
2) In the grid at upper right choose Admin if you're not already there
3)

Matthew Wie

Jan 9, 2017, 1:16:01 PM1/9/17
to GAM for G Suite
Hi Ross,

I've done all that and added the scopes, double checked them, re-added them.  Still no access.  I've done this many times before but this time I'm not getting anywhere.

Matthew Wie

Jan 9, 2017, 1:50:54 PM1/9/17
to GAM for G Suite
This is the output I get after trying another clean install.

Are you ready to authorize GAM to manage G Suite user data and settings? (yes or no) y

Great! Checking service account scopes.This will fail the first time. Follow the steps to authorize and retry. It can take a few minutes for scopes to PASS after they've been authorized in the admin console.

User: matt...@pe....com

 Scope: https://mail.google.com/                                     FAIL

 Scope: https://www.googleapis.com/auth/activity                     FAIL

 Scope: https://www.googleapis.com/auth/calendar                     PASS

 Scope: https://www.googleapis.com/auth/drive                        FAIL

 Scope: https://www.googleapis.com/auth/gmail.settings.basic         FAIL

 Scope: https://www.googleapis.com/auth/gmail.settings.sharing       FAIL

 Scope: https://www.googleapis.com/auth/plus.me                      PASS

ERROR: Some scopes failed! Please go to:

https://admin.google.com/pearson.com/AdminHome?#OGX:ManageOauthClients

Ross Scroggs

Jan 9, 2017, 2:41:46 PM1/9/17
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Matthew,

In the folder where gam.exe/.py is located, how many client_secrets.json and oauth2service.json files do you have?

Ross

Hi Ross,

Chris See

Mar 29, 2017, 12:43:42 PM3/29/17
to GAM for G Suite
Two things, and like a bad tester, I did both at the same time, so I can't be sure which one worked, and maybe it was neither. I had the same problems getting through the service account authorization. After several tries installing and reinstalling, I did these two things, and the authorization happened in seconds, not even the suggested 15 minutes.

1. Instead of going to console.developers.google.com to create the credentials and enable G Suite Domain-wide Delegation when it sent me there, I went to console.cloud.google.com. I know that when I go to the developer console, I see the same projects and all the info is the same, so this shouldn't have had an impact.

2. I tried a different regular G Suite user than the other 6 tries. I checked that my original regular user has gmail, drive, and calendar active, as the instructions on the wiki say.

I lean towards the cloud console as the fix because when the interface said to "grant Client name: (a bunch of numbers) access to the scopes" in the Manage0authClients window, this one worked, rather than telling me the client name hadn't been registered yet - which is what happened in the previous attempts when I used the number provided. I had also tried the trick of getting the client ID from the client_secrets.json file, as suggested in this discussion, but that hadn't solved the problem in those earlier attempts.

I'd be interested if someone having the same problem is able to confirm that either of these were helpful.
Hi Ross,

Andrew Nemeth

Apr 6, 2017, 5:48:23 PM4/6/17
to GAM for G Suite
Chris,

I kept checking the service account again and again and all my scopes would fail. I found your post and changed the user to someone other than myself (super admin) and everything passed.

Thanks!

MattL

Apr 13, 2017, 3:01:29 PM4/13/17
to GAM for G Suite
Hey Ross,

I'm having the same issue as the above and trying normal users doesn't help when checking. I also only have 1 of each of those files in my GAM directory.
Hi Ross,

Alex Yakovenko

Jun 7, 2017, 4:38:27 PM6/7/17
to GAM for G Suite
Hi all,
I want to post a little follow-up.
In my case, as I'm not familiar with google cloud console, the problem was in choosing proper project.
GAM creates a new project every time you setting it up, but in console you see your(e.g. previously created) project.
So, the you can't register service account that GAM show you in different project.
One more thing is to look into "All" tab in project list, because project that created by GAM will not appear in default "Recent" tab.

Hope that help someone.