Opinions about how Team Drive permissions work

Marta de Souza

Apr 16, 2018, 11:35:51 AM4/16/18
to GAM for G Suite
Hi all,

I wonder what you think about how Google decided on the Team Drive permissions.

There is a discussion group here where there is a growing number of business admins unhappy with the team Drive permissions as they would like a more granular permission structure for sub-folders.

Some of you that are developers may be more aware of Google developers thoughts and if there is anything in their plans to give a more granular permission to sub-folders at organisers level. The option at the moment if greyed out.

Why have it there greyed out if they are not planning to implement the feature? Why not remove it entirely or give people an ETA for the feature to be live.

There are loads of businesses jumping ship to Dropbox and Office365 which is a pity!

Best wishes,

Marta de Souza

Peter Smulders

Apr 16, 2018, 3:54:59 PM4/16/18
to GAM for G Suite
Hi Marta,

I have had a quick glance at the thread you link to. Regardless of the contents of the debate: it is fine over there and (pretty please) should not pollute this forum.

Thanks,

Peter

Marta de Souza

Apr 17, 2018, 6:11:21 AM4/17/18
to GAM for G Suite
Hi Peter,

Thanks for your reply.

I am sorry this is not a topic of interest here.

I did not think I was polluting this forum with a civilized discussion. I've only added the link in case people wanted to see how many people were waiting for the feature and upset for it not being available. I did not consider that the tone of the other forum would pollute this one. I am very sorry!

Admins, please, close this discussion as I do not wish to break forum rules. I was only after knowledge from real developers interested in helping others.

Best wishes,

Marta