Send email as alias with Google Apps Sync for Microsoft Outlook

News

Jul 27, 2016, 7:16:27 AM7/27/16
to Google Apps Manager
I have several alias's that i use with my google apps account, For email i use Microsoft outlook 2016 with the Google Apps Sync for Microsoft Outlook tool.

I use the same setup for 5 users on 5 different computers, each user send's their emails with their own alias.
All the 5 alias's are on the same user name meaning i only have one paid google apps user.

Now my question is as follows. for some reason even if i setup in the outlook settings which alias should be the default, every time i reopen outlook and the google sync tool starts the sync process, it defaults back to the default "send from" in the gmail settings interface.

Any suggestion for a workaround that outlook should memorize the default "send from" and not reset itself every time it opens, would be greatly appreciated.
i have already reported this to the google apps team but so far they haven't fixed the bug.

I have attached some screenshots.

Thank You

Screenshot 2016-07-27 06.38.06.png
Screenshot 2016-07-27 06.55.23.png

Jay Lee

Jul 27, 2016, 7:25:25 AM7/27/16
to Google Apps Manager
You really need to just pay for 5 users rther than trying some hack to have five users on one account.

Jay

Jay