Star folder for multiple users

Paul Farr

Apr 20, 2018, 3:41:07 AM4/20/18
to GAM for G Suite
We have a shared folder that we use for many users, its shared to a group and new members to the group are having trouble getting to the folder on their own. Is there a way to 'star' the folder for them and multiple users via GAM? This way its kinda favourited for them.

Thanks!

+KimNilsson

Apr 20, 2018, 10:42:28 AM4/20/18
to GAM for G Suite
gam <Some reference to your users here> update drivefile id <The ID of your folder here> parentid root

You could pull your users from a CSV file, or from a file of OU references, or from a group.

+KimNilsson

Apr 20, 2018, 10:54:18 AM4/20/18
to GAM for G Suite
Ah, you had a group!

Also, I forgot. Make sure you share the folder with the group first, and then push it to their Drive. It's easy to do in Drive, but can be done in GAM too.

Add group to folder.

Push folder to group users' My Drive.
gam group <email address of your group here> update drivefile id <The ID of your folder here> parentid root

(I think I got them right.)

+KimNilsson

Apr 20, 2018, 11:08:24 AM4/20/18
to GAM for G Suite
haha, I totally misread your question.

Yes, you can star it.

Btw, found an error and had to edit my previous syntax a little bit.

Add group to folder. Pick a suitable Role.

Push folder to group users' My Drive, not necessary if you star.
gam group <email address of your group here> update drivefile id <The ID of your folder here> parentid root

Star the folder for each member of the group.
gam group <email address of your group here> update drivefile id <The ID of your folder here> star TRUE