Export Google Groups to CSV

Jesse Hernandez

Jun 19, 2017, 7:06:48 PM6/19/17
to GAM for G Suite
Whats the command to export all users in a specific group to a CSV file that includes their name and email address and any other parameters?

Ian Crew

Jun 19, 2017, 7:58:55 PM6/19/17
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jesse:

gam print groups name description admincreated id aliases members owners managers settings

That’ll get you as much info as the api makes available.  (For example, there’s no way to get/set a group member’s name via the API.)

You can optionally add a “todrive” parameter at the end of that to put the results in a Google Sheet, instead of outputting a CSV file.

Hope that helps,

Ian

On Jun 19, 2017, at 3:27 PM, Jesse Hernandez <owlvi...@gmail.com> wrote:

Whats the command to export all users in a specific group to a CSV file that includes their name and email address and any other parameters?

___
Ian Crew

IST-Architecture, Platforms and Integration (API)
Earl Warren Hall, Second Floor
University of California, Berkeley

Ross Scroggs

Jun 19, 2017, 10:39:21 PM6/19/17
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Jesse,

gam print group-members group <GroupEmailEddress> membernames

On Jun 19, 2017, at 3:27 PM, Jesse Hernandez <owlvi...@gmail.com> wrote:

Whats the command to export all users in a specific group to a CSV file that includes their name and email address and any other parameters?

Ian Crew

Jun 20, 2017, 7:45:20 AM6/20/17
to 'Jordan Tinsley' via GAM for G Suite
Thanks Ross—I stand corrected.  (What API is that?  I don’t see it in the Groups Directory APIMembers Directory API, or Groups Settings API.)

Cheers,

Ian

Ross Scroggs

Jun 20, 2017, 8:48:45 AM6/20/17
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Ian,

Gam makes a separate API call for each user to get the name, it doesn't come from the members list call. In my advanced Gam I let you specify what additional user fields you want figuring that once you're making the extra N API calls you might as well get all the fields you want.

Edward Crist

Jun 20, 2017, 8:52:22 AM6/20/17
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
In the past, I've been able to export to CSV a list of names and going across from each name are the groups they are members of

Of course, I can't remember how I did that.

Does that sound right?

THanks!

Edward Crist
Technology Manager
City Charter High School
__________________________
201 Stanwix St.
Pittsburgh, PA 15222

"Humility is not thinking less of yourself, but thinking of yourself less" - C. S. Lewis

The optimist believes we live in the best possible world....the pessimist fears this is true.

On Jun 19, 2017, at 7:39 PM, Ross Scroggs <ross.s...@gmail.com> wrote:

Jesse,

gam print group-members group <GroupEmailEddress> membernames

On Jun 19, 2017, at 3:27 PM, Jesse Hernandez <owlvi...@gmail.com> wrote:

Whats the command to export all users in a specific group to a CSV file that includes their name and email address and any other parameters?

___
Ian Crew

IST-Architecture, Platforms and Integration (API)
Earl Warren Hall, Second Floor
University of California, Berkeley

Ian Crew

Jun 20, 2017, 10:19:02 AM6/20/17
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Aha--so it's just doing an address-to-name lookup. Makes sense, though I'm a little disappointed, as I was hoping I had missed something and there was a was to get, and, more importantly, set the human-readable names in Groups.

Thanks Ross!

Ian

Jesse Hernandez

Jun 22, 2017, 9:23:30 AM6/22/17
to GAM for G Suite
Hello,

Thanks for that so I tried running it and received this error: http://prntscr.com/fmuk1o

Can someone add me on skype to further troubleshoot: jesse.jame...@hotmail.com , I think Im super close but something is going wrong.

Also I must note that I am connecting with a normal Google Apps Account. I need to get a CSV of all members in a Google Group ( Name, Email, Group Email) for example...I know this is normally for G Suite but I need to get this done for a regular google account. Also some of the groups have tons of members 50k-100k for example. Its only 3 groups I believe so I just need to get this working and exported, I can use google drive or whatever is the most efficient so I dont have to rely on my laptop.

Thanks

On Monday, June 19, 2017 at 7:39:21 PM UTC-7, Ross Scroggs wrote:
Jesse,

gam print group-members group <GroupEmailEddress> membernames

On Jun 19, 2017, at 3:27 PM, Jesse Hernandez <owlvi...@gmail.com> wrote:

Whats the command to export all users in a specific group to a CSV file that includes their name and email address and any other parameters?

Jay Lee

Jun 22, 2017, 9:34:04 AM6/22/17
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
The groups and group settings commands only work with G Suite Groups (@yorudomain.com). They will not work with any consumer group (@googlegroups.com). What you're trying to do won't work.

Jay

Can someone add me on skype to further troubleshoot: jesse.james.hernandez@hotmail.com , I think Im super close but something is going wrong.

[...]

Jesse Hernandez

Jay Lee

Jun 22, 2017, 10:46:15 AM6/22/17
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
You'll need to recreate the groups as @yourdomain.com groups in order to manage users via GAM. You can try exporting the members from your consumer group at:

and clicking "Export members".

Jay

On Thu, Jun 22, 2017 at 10:20 AM, Jesse Hernandez <owlvi...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Jesse Hernandez

Jun 22, 2017, 11:01:28 AM6/22/17
to GAM for G Suite
Ok so I was able to get an export of one csv but the results werent in the exact format i wanted.

I tried exporting another group but received an error because its too large: http://prntscr.com/fmvxal

Any help with this is appreciated and I can pay too, just need help figuring out how to get an export of these public groups via csv with name and email!

Jay

Jesse Hernandez

Jesse Hernandez

Jun 22, 2017, 7:51:00 PM6/22/17