GAM SSL Certificate Verify Failed

George Lawson-Crowson

Aug 17, 2017, 11:43:39 AM8/17/17
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Hey all. I'm trying to use gamadv-xtd to list contacts and am getting an [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] error. We use CentOS 7.

Command: gamadv-xtd user crow...@southwestern.edu print contacts

I found this thread and tried the following without success:

enable no_verify_ssl
-> gamadv-xtd config no_verify_ssl true user crow...@southwestern.edu print contacts

clear the cache
-> rm -f /root/.gam/gamcache/*

Thanks for your time.

George Crowson
Systems Developer
Southwestern University

Ross Scroggs

Aug 17, 2017, 12:13:16 PM8/17/17
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
George,

In the previous case, we finally solved the problem by installing the source version of GAMADV-X.
The compiled version is built on Ubuntu 16.04 and has this problem on CentOS 7.
Download the source, untar it and move/rename the GAMADV-X-4.47.07 folder to your location of choice.
Try your command with the source version.

Ross

George Lawson-Crowson

Aug 17, 2017, 12:58:42 PM8/17/17
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Spent a bit figuring out how to build from source and gave it a try. It works! Both "show contacts" and "show sites" work. I'm off for lunch but will give you a call afterward.

Turns out in order to run linux-build.sh you have to provide the Linux distro and use pip to install pyinstaller.

Thanks,
George