Reboot devices?

Josh Shepard

Apr 28, 2017, 12:24:59 PM4/28/17
to GAM for G Suite
We are using several Chromeboxes/Chromebits to run digital signage in our schools. I recently had a situation where I needed to update the screens quickly. I can reboot the devices individually from the management console. Is there a command that could be used to reboot from GAM? I would like to set up a bulk command to reboot all of our devices so they receive the update within seconds.

Patrick A

Feb 4, 2019, 12:18:21 PM2/4/19
to GAM for G Suite
Bumping this up.  Would also like to reboot device via GAM

Jay Lee

Feb 4, 2019, 12:24:03 PM2/4/19
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
There is no public API to send reboot commands to devices thus there's no way for GAM to do it.

Jay

Eric Dannewitz

Feb 4, 2019, 1:21:14 PM2/4/19
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Why not use like a Raspberry Pi for this?

I have 4 digital signs that are powered by a Raspberry Pi Ws that boot into Chrome and run a Google slide show. Real easy to manage as you can use webadmin or ssh or even VNC to get into them.

Eric Dannewitz
Technology Assistant/District Tech
Acalanes Union High School District
District Office Technology Department

Edward Crist

Feb 4, 2019, 1:43:18 PM2/4/19
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Josh (and anyone else)

Can you provide more details on your use of Chromeboxes/Chromebits for digital signage??  I've got 8 46" TV's mounted around our school, all connected to our network.  These are older Sony GoogleTV's so we've been using the built in apps to run content independently for each TV.

How can use Chromeboxes/Chromebits to 'centrallize' the content over my TV's?

Thanks so much!!

Edward Crist
Technology Manager
City Charter High School
__________________________
201 Stanwix St.
Pittsburgh, PA 15222

"Humility is not thinking less of yourself, but thinking of yourself less" - C. S. Lewis

The optimist believes we live in the best possible world....the pessimist fears this is true.

On Fri, Apr 28, 2017 at 12:25 PM Josh Shepard <jshe...@g.oconee.k12.sc.us> wrote:
We are using several Chromeboxes/Chromebits to run digital signage in our schools. I recently had a situation where I needed to update the screens quickly. I can reboot the devices individually from the management console. Is there a command that could be used to reboot from GAM? I would like to set up a bulk command to reboot all of our devices so they receive the update within seconds.

This message may contain confidential information and is intended only for the individuals named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.

Alan Larsson

Feb 4, 2019, 2:07:02 PM2/4/19
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
We use Chrome Sign Builder with Chromeboxes for digital signs.

They run in Kiosk mode with whatever refresh interval you set on the content.

Alan Larsson
Computer Services Assistant
Geneseo Central School District