Using GAM to restore the drive / directory of a G Suite account

Deepak Balakrishna

Apr 15, 2018, 7:51:37 AM4/15/18
to GAM for G Suite
Hi all

As part of demos for our customers for our product (https://www.adya.io/), we do several things on a sample G Suite account - add users / delete users / change permissions on files / share files / remove sharing of files / etc.

After each demo, we need to put the G Suite account back to its “original state” to get ready for the next demo.

We were thinking of getting a G Suite backup tool that could do this. However, can the GAM commands help with that?

Thanks,
- deepak

+KimNilsson

Apr 15, 2018, 12:17:13 PM4/15/18
to GAM for G Suite
GAM could list all users and files, and then delete everything, apart from what you say should stay.

It would do that by using the results of the "list of everything" and removing all of that, except from the one admin account.
Then you could feed it a list of "things that should exist", and GAM would create that.