add users via CSV to read Calendar and Rate Limit Exceeded.......

Josh Bain

Aug 16, 2017, 4:21:40 PM8/16/17
to GAM for G Suite
I am trying to add users to have read access to a calendar.  If I add one user, I do not receive any errors.

If I use a CSV of users I receive :
Temporary error: rateLimitExceeded, Backing off: 16 seconds, Retry: 4/10 and

It trys many times but not all users are added.  Here is my command:

gam csv US_CAL1.csv gam calendar domain.com_1234567...@group.calendar.google.com add read user ~Email

My CSV file has a header of Email and users email address in column a.  I tried updating to the newest release of GAM but still get the same issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Josh

Jay Lee

Aug 16, 2017, 5:42:06 PM8/16/17
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
How many users are you adding? How many work before you get the errors?

Haven't played with calendar ACLs in awhile but you might try putting everyone in a group and then giving the group read access.

Jay

gam csv US_CAL1.csv gam calendar domain.com_12345678956s45fdsgdsjfhgtr@group.calendar.google.com add read user ~Email

My CSV file has a header of Email and users email address in column a.  I tried updating to the newest release of GAM but still get the same issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Josh

Josh Bain

Aug 18, 2017, 2:52:08 PM8/18/17
to GAM for G Suite
It looks like it quit after 18 on one particular  batch.  On a smaller batch it also happened but I did not save the logs.

I did add users via group and it worked.

Thanks,