Delegate access not appearing instantly

Steven Whiting

Apr 24, 2017, 6:58:19 AM4/24/17
to GAM for G Suite

Hi

We used GSuite at work and we used GAM to manage peoples delegate permissions. I've now left that company but setup GSuite for myself with 3 users to keep up with what I've learnt. With the work setup you'd setup delegate permissions with GAM, log the user off and log them back on again and the delegate mailbox appeared.

However, with my setup GAM is setting the permissions correctly yet when I log the user off and on again, the delegate mailbox isn't appearing. Sometimes it can appear to take hours for the mailbox to appear. Any ideas what is going on?

Jay Lee

Apr 24, 2017, 7:36:50 AM4/24/17
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
This is normal. Delegate access is sometimes fairly immediate but can take 24 hours to show properly.

Jay

Steven Whiting

Apr 24, 2017, 5:05:52 PM4/24/17
to GAM for G Suite
Really? It's very odd because at the last place I worked (which I've just left) it was always instant. You'd set with GAM, log off the user that was given permissions and log them back in and there was the mailbox. But with my setup despite GAM being instant, Gmail is taking ages to reflect the permission change.

I'll ask at my old place see if they are doing anything special to force the change quickly.

On Apr 24, 2017 6:58 AM, "Steven Whiting" <admin.s...@stevenwhiting.uk> wrote:

Hi

We used GSuite at work and we used GAM to manage peoples delegate permissions. I've now left that company but setup GSuite for myself with 3 users to keep up with what I've learnt. With the work setup you'd setup delegate permissions with GAM, log the user off and log them back on again and the delegate mailbox appeared.

However, with my setup GAM is setting the permissions correctly yet when I log the user off and on again, the delegate mailbox isn't appearing. Sometimes it can appear to take hours for the mailbox to appear. Any ideas what is going on?

Steven Whiting

+KimNilsson

Apr 27, 2017, 8:50:23 AM4/27/17
to GAM for G Suite
I'm fairly sure I've also come across a requirement for delegation to work.

The delegate must have gone through the "welcome process". Those four steps you click through on a new Gmail account.

I tried everything. Waiting, removing and re-adding the delegate. Verifying that the delegate is listed. Wait some more.

Only after logging into the delegates account and clicking through the welcome process, reaching 100%, did the delegated email become visible.

Steven Whiting

May 11, 2017, 6:36:50 AM5/11/17
to GAM for G Suite
Thanks. Yes, I noticed that when at work.

CR

Oct 22, 2018, 7:27:43 AM10/22/18
to GAM for G Suite
Even after clicking through the 'accept' delegation steps, email from my delegate isn't appearing in my inbox, and neither can I send an email 'as them'. I've waited about 2 hours. Is that normal? (Have logged out/in and cleared Gmail cookies.)

CR.

✉ Kevin Melillo

Oct 22, 2018, 8:51:25 AM10/22/18
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Delegation does not appear in your Inbox.  You must click your profile picture, and choose the delegated account.  It will open a new tab, with the other mailbox.

Kevin Melillo
Electronic Communications Analyst
Information Technology
445 Hoes Lane
Piscataway, NJ 08854

Phone:732-465-6609 | Mobile: 732-609-4331

CR