Contacts directory

S Marlin

Jun 25, 2015, 9:24:35 AM6/25/15
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
I would like a way to add all the directory contacts into "My Contacts" for all users in my domain. Is this possible, if so what it command please?

Jim Topoleski

Jun 25, 2015, 1:51:17 PM6/25/15
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
This would actually be an excellent feature as we have a situation ourselves where we only one certain users getting directory contacts while others get nothing.

It would go a long way around Googles poor implementation of a contact directory in Google Apps for Work where its an all or nothing thing.

B King

Jan 6, 2016, 3:42:13 PM1/6/16
to Google Apps Manager
Agreed - there doesn't seem to be any programatic way to do this anywhere.  Was really hoping GAM would come to the rescue as it has in so many other situations, but it appears not to be.  Help us Jay Lee, you're our only hope!

I mean, the proper solution is for Google to handle directory contacts in a sensible manner (What? A browsable & autocomplete-able list of all the users in your organization available in our mobile apps?  Why would you possibly want that?)  But hey - I'd take a solid, central workaround as a consolation prize.