Unable to get sendas to work.

tcavallaro

Aug 18, 2017, 12:53:38 PM8/18/17
to GAM for G Suite
I'm new to the gam thing and have looked at the instructions and examples but am unable to get sendas to work. What am I doing wrong?
I don't see an error number or a specific error but here is what I get:

C:\>gam user user1 sendas user2
Python 2.7.13 32-bit final
google-api-python-client 1.6.2
oauth2client 4.1.2
Windows-10-10.0.15063 x86

Usage: gam [OPTIONS]...

GAM. Retrieve or set G Suite domain,
user, group and alias settings. Exhaustive list of commands

Examples:
gam info domain
gam create user jsmith firstname John lastname Smith password secretpass
gam update user jsmith suspended on
gam.exe update group announcements add member jsmith

C:\>

Any ideas as to why? I just updated to 4.3. Maybe I forgot to do something?.....
Any help is very much appreciated.
Thanks.

Ross Scroggs

Aug 18, 2017, 1:14:06 PM8/18/17
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
The syntax is:

gam <UserTypeEntity> [add] sendas <EmailAddress> <Name> [signature|sig <String>|(file <FileName> [charset <Charset>]) (replace <Tag> <String>)*] [html] [replyto <EmailAddress>] [default] [treatasalias <Boolean>]

The <Name> argument is required.

gam user user1 sendas user2 "User 2 Name"

Ross

tcavallaro

Aug 18, 2017, 4:34:14 PM8/18/17
to GAM for G Suite