User profile info upload via GAM now prevents GADS syncing these user profiles

DJNinNZ

Jun 2, 2015, 7:11:34 AM6/2/15
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
I have previously used GAM to upload rich user profile information but I can now use GADs to do this. However the existing information created by GAM may be preventing GADS from updating the user information.

This seems to be affecting job titles that we associated with an organization

How can I use GAM to delete the existing 'organization' job title etc. I used GAM to set the organization and the associated job title as being primary

TIA
Duncan

The information contained in this email is privileged and confidential and intended for the addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient, please respect that confidentiality and do not disclose, copy or make use of its contents. If received in error, please destroy this email and contact the sender immediately. Thank you.

Jay Lee

Jun 2, 2015, 8:31:41 AM6/2/15
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
There's nothing GAM could be doing that should prevent GADS from updating the user. The issue is likely with GADS or Google servers, have you filed a ticket with Google about the issue? Can you provide exact steps to reproduce the issue (e.g. update user with GAM command NNN and then try to run GADS to update users information to YYY)?

Jay Lee

Duncan Nash

Jun 2, 2015, 6:23:30 PM6/2/15
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jay,
yes I have raised a support ticket. It was google support who suggested it may be the fact some of the profile information had been updated by a '3rd party' tool may be the issue.

The gam command to update the job title etc was

gam update user fred....@mydomain.com.au organization name "My Org" type "work" title "My job title" primary

The GADS tools wanted to modify the profiles as follows:

Modify user profile 35: "fred....@mydomain.com.au"
Delete Organization "My Org" which is other and primary
Change Job title to "[Group SHE & Wellbeing Manager]"

the GADS sync log then produced the following errors

{
  "code" : 400,
  "errors" : [ {
    "domain" : "global",
    "message" : "Invalid Input: bad request",
    "reason" : "invalid"
  } ],
  "message" : "Invalid Input: bad request"
}

when attempting to update the profile

|  Duncan Nash  |  Google for Work Consultant  |  Fronde Systems Group Ltd
|  3 Queens Wharf  |  PO Box 11545  |  Wellington 6142, New Zealand
|  p. +64 4 499 3000   |   ddi. +64 4 439 4024  |  m. +64 21 280 1150 |  e. dunca...@fronde.com  |  w. www.fronde.com

Are you leveraging Workplace Collaboration for growth in 2015? Read the new report commissioned by Google on how businesses can profit, grow, and innovate by implementing a Collaboration strategy.

Duncan Nash

Jun 7, 2015, 5:29:53 PM6/7/15
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jay,
this seems to be an issue with setting the Organization I created to hold the job title etc as being primary. I changed it to be notprimary and GADS user profiles then updated correctly.

Duncan