"Skipping download of folder"

Sarah Baldwin

May 26, 2016, 2:47:10 PM5/26/16
to Google Apps Manager
I'm trying to download a (rather large) drive folder using "gam user us...@domain.com get drivefile id xxxxxxxxx" command, and am getting the error "Skipping download of folder." I know I have the correct file id, because I can query other information about the folder, such as sharing permissions. Is there a download limit that I should be aware of?

Nikolai Mery

Jul 21, 2016, 4:13:34 AM7/21/16
to Google Apps Manager
I am also having this issue, although my Drive folder is not very large. Same error of "skipping download of folder <FolderName>"

Running GAM 3.65

Ross Scroggs

Jul 21, 2016, 8:14:49 AM7/21/16
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Nikolai/Sarah,

GAM doesn't download folders, just files. Assuming a flat folder for this example, you could do this:
gam user us...@domain.com show filelist query "'xxxxxxxxxxxxx' in parents" id > testfiles.csv
(n.b., double quotes around the query, single quotes around the parent folder id)
gam csv testfiles.csv gam user ~Owner get drivefile id ~id

Ross

Nikolai Mery

Jul 21, 2016, 11:28:46 AM7/21/16
to Google Apps Manager
Thanks for clearing that up for us Ross, I believe what you've provided will do for me.