Upgrading from 3.65 to latest 4.x

John Sopko

Jan 18, 2018, 2:41:39 PM1/18/18
to GAM for G Suite

I searched around and did not see an answer. I have been running gam 3.65 for sometime. Looks like things changed in 3.8 and later.

My gam 3.65 has an oauth2.txt and admin-settings-v1.json which I think make things work. I see the newer versions have a
client_secrets.json and oauth2service.json file.  Also looks like the gam utilitiy is now an executable and not a gam.py python program.
I need to do more digging but was hoping someone had some steps to install the new gam along side my existing gam, I rely on it heavily, (great utility!).

If I follow the instructions for the new gam configuration I want to make sure not to break my existing configuration.

John Sopko

Jan 22, 2018, 8:41:53 AM1/22/18
to GAM for G Suite
I followed the instructions and loaded gam 4 and bot versions seem to be working.