using GAM to update Calendar and Drive sharing

Jackie Ernst

Jul 27, 2016, 10:27:04 PM7/27/16
to Google Apps Manager
I hope I ask this clearly.

I would like to remove EVERYONE who has access to one folder that I've shared and then put back only active employees.

(I don't like that when I suspend an account, that person is still listed on any calendar or Google Drive Folder/File Shared with that person!)

Same situation with our many campus calendars.  Staff have left and not everyone has been added.

I found this... but I really don't want to do this for each individual person.

Anyway to do this as a bulk process?

Thank you!
  Jackie

Jefferson Davis

Jul 29, 2016, 7:38:39 PM7/29/16
to Google Apps Manager
You may need to chain several gam calls together - I've done this for checking last logged in user on chrome devices.  My tools are likely different from yours, as I use bash under linux for automation.

You may be able to leverage something like powershell, or sh on a mac?

Jefferson Davis

Jul 29, 2016, 7:41:56 PM7/29/16
to Google Apps Manager
This might be a better place to start from....

https://github.com/jay0lee/GAM/wiki/GoogleDriveManagement#showing-the-permissions-of-a-filefolder-for-a-user

The challenging part will be parsing the output and acting upon that.  I use stuff like sed and awk, but you may not have those tools available to you.

I am happy to share code, however.