Creating a multi-tiered OU structure

Logan Hansen

Apr 14, 2015, 7:04:06 PM4/14/15
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
I'm trying to create a multi-tiered OU structure. Due to internal business decisions outside of my hands, I have to keep old accounts around for a full year after an employee leaves - but I want to delete the accounts as soon as I can after the year is up. I also want to keep our users (that I manage) separate from devices (which I don't). So... in the admin interface, I can create a three-layer-deep OU structure like

Users -> Suspended -> 2015-04

Using GAM, I can add users, query the org, and even delete it (using Users/Suspended/2015-04) ... but I can't create it. I've tried both

./gam.py create org 'Users/Suspended/2015-04' description 'Users suspended in 2015-04'
Error 400: Invalid Ou Name - invalid

and
/gam.py create org 2015-04 parent 'Users/Suspended' description 'Users suspended in 2015-04'
Error 400: Invalid Parent Orgunit Id - invalid

What am I missing?

Thanks...

Mattias Bystedt

Apr 23, 2015, 8:35:00 AM4/23/15
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Try adding "/" before OU:
gam.py create org "2015-04" parent "/Users/Suspended" description "Users suspended in 2015-04"

/Mattias

Logan Hansen

Apr 24, 2015, 1:41:39 PM4/24/15
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com