GAM 4.32 released

Jay Lee

Oct 5, 2017, 3:09:28 PM10/5/17
to GAM for G Suite
GAM 4.32 is out and has the following changes:

  • Fixes and improvements by Ross
  • gam print courses now supports limiting results based on course state
  • handle issues adding members to a group who were in a pending status before
  • Data transfer commands now support transferring user Calendar events.
Windows users can upgrade by downloading the MSI, Linux and MacOS users can run:

bash <(curl -s -S -L https://git.io/install-gam) -l

to upgrade automatically.

Jay

Russell Legear

Oct 11, 2017, 10:22:09 AM10/11/17
to GAM for G Suite
Thanks Jay. For the calendar datatransfer option, will that transfer user calendars as well (beyond the default calendar)?

Raul Santos

Oct 17, 2017, 1:08:48 PM10/17/17
to GAM for G Suite
Is there any documentation how to use this new Calendar event transfer.

Andy Poirier

Oct 17, 2017, 1:15:10 PM10/17/17
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Yes,

gam create datatransfer old...@acme.com calendar new...@acme.com release_resources true
doesn't work though

Andy Poirier

Sr. IT Engineer

W E D D I N G W I R E

301 231 9473

an...@weddingwire.com

websitefacebookinstagramlinkedin

Guido Walter Pettinari

Oct 23, 2017, 12:23:49 PM10/23/17
to GAM for G Suite
Thanks, the new version works great for me!
(Macbook Pro on macOS Sierra)
Message has been deleted

Ross Scroggs

Oct 25, 2017, 2:33:27 PM10/25/17
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Beth,

What are the problems?

Ross

On Wed, Oct 25, 2017 at 5:44 AM, Beth Migalla <bethm...@winnetka36.org> wrote:
HI Jay,
Can I upgrade from 3.45 to 4.32 directly. I'm having problems. Do I need to start over?

Derek Bradshaw

Nov 21, 2017, 9:55:03 AM11/21/17
to GAM for G Suite
Painless upgrade, Thanks Jay

Wasim Raza

Apr 24, 2018, 9:11:01 AM4/24/18
to GAM for G Suite
Hi Jay,

Thanks for new release update,

Will still be possible to use the audit commands to export a users emails using GAM 4.32v

Regards,
Wasim

Col B

Apr 25, 2018, 10:52:49 AM4/25/18
to GAM for G Suite
Hi all,

After running

bash <(curl -s -S -L https://git.io/install-gam) -l

to update, I see it completes successfully. However when I look to confirm this by running

gam version

it continues to present me with the old version. What am I missing or doing incorrectly?

The above terms reflect a potential business arrangement, are provided solely as a basis for further discussion, and are not intended to be and do not constitute a legally binding obligation. No legally binding obligations will be created, implied, or inferred until an agreement in final form is executed in writing by all parties involved.

This email may be confidential or privileged. If you received this communication by mistake, please don't forward it to anyone else, please erase all copies and attachments, and please let us know that it has gone to the wrong person.

Cloudreach Europe Limited is registered in England and Wales with the registered office at Saffron House, 6-10 Kirby Street, London, EC1N 8TS and registration number 06975407.

Ross Scroggs

Apr 25, 2018, 11:03:21 AM4/25/18
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Col,

Type: alias

Does your gam alias point to the location where the update was installed?

Ross

Col B

Apr 25, 2018, 11:07:34 AM4/25/18
to GAM for G Suite
Looks like it is pointing here:

gam='python /usr/local/Cellar/gam/3.65/gam.py'

But the update went here:

Ross Scroggs

Apr 25, 2018, 11:13:29 AM4/25/18
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Col,

You need to update the existing alias; look in these files
/Users/col/.bash_aliases
/Users/col/.bashrc

Replace: gam='python /usr/local/Cellar/gam/3.65/gam.py'
With: gam="/Users/col/bin/gam/gam"

Ross

The above terms reflect a potential business arrangement, are provided solely as a basis for further discussion, and are not intended to be and do not constitute a legally binding obligation. No legally binding obligations will be created, implied, or inferred until an agreement in final form is executed in writing by all parties involved.

This email may be confidential or privileged. If you received this communication by mistake, please don't forward it to anyone else, please erase all copies and attachments, and please let us know that it has gone to the wrong person.

Cloudreach Europe Limited is registered in England and Wales with the registered office at Saffron House, 6-10 Kirby Street, London, EC1N 8TS and registration number 06975407.

Wasim Raza

Apr 26, 2018, 12:48:30 AM4/26/18
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com, ross.s...@gmail.com
Hi Ross,

Please help me,

since last 2 days I was struggling to download the users mailboxes and getting the error as mentioned below:

Temp error. Backing off 16 seconds...attempt 5/10
Temp error. Backing off 32 seconds...attempt 6/10
Temp error. Backing off 60 seconds...attempt 7/10
Temp error. Backing off 60 seconds...attempt 8/10
Temp error. Backing off 60 seconds...attempt 9/10
Temp error. Backing off 60 seconds...attempt 10/10
Error: False

What went wrong I don't no.

Regards,

Wasim Raza| Technical Lead| Cloud Solutions
Team Computers Pvt. Ltd. |

www.teamcomputers.com

M +91-8828426005