Print licenses from CSV

Kit Gillingham

Jan 19, 2018, 6:08:55 AM1/19/18
to google-apps-manager
Hi guys,

Struggling with this one.

I'm trying to use a CSV with the header Email to show the licences assigned or, more specifically, users without a licence.

I've tried this command gam csv lic.csv gam user ~Email print licences > resluts.csv with no luck.

Any help appreciated!

Regards

Kit Gillingham
IT Support

Click here to access the IT Service Centre online : IT Service Centre

Click here to access the Self Service Portal  : Self Service

Graham Ingleby

Jan 19, 2018, 11:58:33 AM1/19/18
to GAM group
gam user us...@domain.com print licences isnt a valid command

gam print licences

Graham Ingleby  |  Google Cloud Consultant  |  +44 1344 203395  |  ging...@ancoris.com

Twitter Google+ LinkedIn YouTube Ancoris

Subscribe to our blog and receive our latest articles straight to your inbox

Ancoris receives Computing Cloud Excellence Award

Powered by Ancoris Signatures

This message is for the named person's use only. If you receive this message in error, please delete it and notify the sender. Ancoris reserves the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its networks. Ancoris Limited, Registered in England Number: 04830784, Registered address: 5a Frascati Way, Maidenhead, Berkshire SL6 4UY. Trading Address: Lily Hill House, Lily Hill Road, Bracknell, Berkshire RG12 2SJ

Jay Lee

Jan 19, 2018, 12:03:26 PM1/19/18
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
I'd suggest:

gam print users licenses todrive

this will print all users (gam print licenses won't print users who have no licenses). Users with no licenses will have a blank Licenses column. Easy enough to sort in Sheets.

Jay

On 19 January 2018 at 11:08, Kit Gillingham <kit.gillingham@rentokil-initial.com> wrote:
[...]

Kit Gillingham

Jan 23, 2018, 4:36:51 AM1/23/18
to google-apps-manager
Thanks Jay,

I feared that might be the case, we have nearly 20,000 accounts so I might do it out hours!

On 19 January 2018 at 17:03, Jay Lee <jay...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'd suggest:

gam print users licenses todrive

this will print all users (gam print licenses won't print users who have no licenses). Users with no licenses will have a blank Licenses column. Easy enough to sort in Sheets.

Jay

Kit Gillingham

Jan 25, 2018, 5:16:21 AM1/25/18
to google-apps-manager
Hi Jay,

Do you know of a way to run this command with a csv but only print one header instead of one for each user like below? Thank you

Inline images 1

Regards

Kit Gillingham
IT Support

Click here to access the IT Service Centre online : IT Service Centre

Click here to access the Self Service Portal  : Self Service

Kit Gillingham

Jan 25, 2018, 5:19:40 AM1/25/18
to google-apps-manager
Sorry, I forgot to say what command I was running!!

gam csv RIlic.csv gam report users user ~userId > riuserinfo.csv

Regards

Kit Gillingham
IT Support

Click here to access the IT Service Centre online : IT Service Centre

Click here to access the Self Service Portal  : Self Service

Jay Lee

Jan 25, 2018, 9:13:59 AM1/25/18
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
That's never going to run the way you expect it to. Just run the "gam report users" command without specifying a user and then filter users locally as needed.

Jay

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/google-apps-manager.

Thanapol Prasertsak

Nov 12, 2019, 12:19:03 PM11/12/19
to GAM for G Suite
Hi Jay,

I was trying to do the gam print users licenses todrive; however, the result is blank info of

LicensesCountLicensesLicensesDisplay

Appreciate if you could help to suggest how to retrieve those data.
Poom
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-apps-manager+unsub...@googlegroups.com.

This message is for the named person's use only. If you receive this message in error, please delete it and notify the sender. Ancoris reserves the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its networks. Ancoris Limited, Registered in England Number: 04830784, Registered address: 5a Frascati Way, Maidenhead, Berkshire SL6 4UY. Trading Address: Lily Hill House, Lily Hill Road, Bracknell, Berkshire RG12 2SJ

Ross Scroggs

Nov 12, 2019, 1:00:11 PM11/12/19
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Thanapol,

Report: gam version

Ross

This message is for the named person's use only. If you receive this message in error, please delete it and notify the sender. Ancoris reserves the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its networks. Ancoris Limited, Registered in England Number: 04830784, Registered address: 5a Frascati Way, Maidenhead, Berkshire SL6 4UY. Trading Address: Lily Hill House, Lily Hill Road, Bracknell, Berkshire RG12 2SJ

Thanapol Prasertsak

Nov 12, 2019, 11:16:38 PM11/12/19
to GAM for G Suite
Hi Ross,

Thank you for your fast response. please find my gam version in below;

[C:\GAMADV-XTD3]$ gam version
Ross Scroggs <ross.s...@gmail.com>
Python 3.8.0 64-bit final
google-api-python-client 1.7.8
httplib2 0.13.0
oauth2client 4.1.3
Windows 10 10.0.18362   AMD64

Thanks
Poom
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-apps-manager+unsub...@googlegroups.com.

This message is for the named person's use only. If you receive this message in error, please delete it and notify the sender. Ancoris reserves the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its networks. Ancoris Limited, Registered in England Number: 04830784, Registered address: 5a Frascati Way, Maidenhead, Berkshire SL6 4UY. Trading Address: Lily Hill House, Lily Hill Road, Bracknell, Berkshire RG12 2SJ

Ross Scroggs

Ross Scroggs

Nov 13, 2019, 8:28:22 AM11/13/19
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Thanapol,

Where do you see with these commands"
$ gam print licenses
Got 0 Licenses for 101001 (Cloud Identity Free)...
Got 0 Licenses for 101005 (Cloud Identity Premium)...
Got 0 Licenses for 101031 (G Suite Enterprise for Education)...
Got 0 Licenses for 101033 (Google Voice)...
Got 0 Licenses for 101034 (G Suite Archived)...
Got 0 Licenses for Google-Apps (G Suite)...
Got 0 Licenses for Google-Chrome-Device-Management (Google Chrome Device Management)...
Got 0 Licenses for Google-Coordinate (Google Coordinate)...
Got 0 Licenses for Google-Drive-storage (Google Drive Storage)...
Got 0 Licenses for Google-Vault (Google Vault)...
userId,productId,productDisplay,skuId,skuDisplay

$ gam print users licenses
Getting all Users, may take some time on a large G Suite Account...
Got 0 Licenses for 101001 (Cloud Identity Free)...
Got 0 Licenses for 101005 (Cloud Identity Premium)...
Got 0 Licenses for 101031 (G Suite Enterprise for Education)...
Got 0 Licenses for 101033 (Google Voice)...
Got 0 Licenses for 101034 (G Suite Archived)...
Got 0 Licenses for Google-Apps (G Suite)...
Got 0 Licenses for Google-Chrome-Device-Management (Google Chrome Device Management)...
Got 0 Licenses for Google-Coordinate (Google Coordinate)...
Got 0 Licenses for Google-Drive-storage (Google Drive Storage)...
Got 0 Licenses for Google-Vault (Google Vault)...
primaryEmail,LicensesCount,Licenses,LicensesDisplay

Ross

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-apps-manager/d7f67a4e-f2ef-475c-a391-b23abddfbcd9%40googlegroups.com.