Change default 'View Member Email Addresses' setting

JimT

Aug 15, 2014, 3:44:23 PM8/15/14
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Greetings, All

My users cannot find groups the when the 'list this group in directory' is ticked and the 'view member email addresses' is left at its default of 'owners of the group'. If I change the setting to 'all organization members' then all is good.

I cannot find that the command to make that setting using GAM...any help is greatly appreciated!

Regards, Jim

Graham Ingleby

Aug 19, 2014, 6:38:11 AM8/19/14
to GAM group

 Graham Ingleby |  Cloud Computing Consultant | 01344 203395 |  ging...@ancoris.com

This message is for the named person's use only. If you receive this message in error, please delete it and notify the sender. Ancoris reserves the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its networks. Ancoris Limited, Registered in England Number: 04830784, Registered address: 5a Frascati Way, Maidenhead, Berkshire SL6 4UY. Trading Address: Lily Hill House, Lily Hill Road, Bracknell, Berkshire RG12 2SJ

JimT

Aug 19, 2014, 9:21:12 AM8/19/14
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Hello, Graham, thanks for the reply

Unfortunately, no, it's this one I'm looking for:

On 15 August 2014 20:44, JimT <jt...@qualitydistribution.com> wrote:
Greetings, All

My users cannot find groups the when the 'list this group in directory' is ticked and the 'view member email addresses' is left at its default of 'owners of the group'. If I change the setting to 'all organization members' then all is good.

I cannot find that the command to make that setting using GAM...any help is greatly appreciated!

Regards, Jim

IE-IT Support

Sep 29, 2014, 5:24:51 PM9/29/14
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
I am also looking for a way to update the "View Member Email Addresses" access permission.

BBinVT

Feb 3, 2015, 4:49:39 PM2/3/15
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
any update on this?  i too am looking to change the "view member email addresses" permission.

thanks!

Robert Caretta

Jul 20, 2016, 2:58:42 PM7/20/16
to Google Apps Manager
+1 for me on this topic.

Ross Scroggs

Jul 20, 2016, 6:08:41 PM7/20/16
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Robert,

It should be: gam update group testgroup whocanviewmembership ALL_IN_DOMAIN_CAN_VIEW
Choices are: ALL_IN_DOMAIN_CAN_VIEW | ALL_MANAGERS_CAN_VIEW | ALL_MEMBERS_CAN_VIEW

Ross

Robert Caretta

Jul 20, 2016, 6:18:17 PM7/20/16
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
I believe that's for a different attribute, because I already processed through that. I'm trying to target the attribute that has to do with viewing member email addresses.

#View Members
 &"C:\GAM\gam.exe" update group $group who_can_view_membership all_in_domain_can_view

 #View Member Email Addresses
 # NO COMMAND FOR THIS

Ross Scroggs

Jul 20, 2016, 6:19:58 PM7/20/16
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Robert,

You're right, I was too quick with my response.
The GUI show three options:
1) ViewMembers
2) ViewMemberEmailAddresses
3) ViewTopics

The API gam uses shows only two options:
A) whoCanViewMembership
B) whoCanViewGroup

A corresponds to 1; B corresponds to 3. I don't see anything in the API that corresponds to 2 which is what you want.

Ross

+KimNilsson

Sep 4, 2016, 8:36:22 AM9/4/16
to Google Apps Manager
Ross, if it's not in the API, I assume it's not happening anytime soon.
Did anyone report this as a bug to Google?

Nate Duehr

Jun 9, 2017, 8:21:02 PM6/9/17
to GAM for G Suite
Couldn't find it via a search, so I reported it.  Know you originally asked this in 2016, but sheesh... they need to consistently expose the attributes on the web to the API...

https://issuetracker.google.com/62491302