Managed SSL

pdknsk

Sep 14, 2017, 3:53:54 PM9/14/17
to Google App Engine
I had only skimmed the announcement and noticed the words Google and Certificate Authority, thinking: Wow! When I enabled the service I noticed the certificates are "just" Let's Encrypt certificates, for which I have already rolled a semi-automated solution. With the slight difference that managed certificates don't support (or use) multiple SANs, so a separate certificate is provisioned for each sub-domain.

PS. It didn't work for me in Cloud Console, with the error: Failed to activate certificate. Worked fine through the Admin API.

pdknsk

Sep 14, 2017, 4:01:02 PM9/14/17
to Google App Engine
Perhaps this is a good opportunity to re-surface this SSL feature request, while Googlers are still working on this.

Kenworth (Google Cloud Platform)

Sep 14, 2017, 11:56:15 PM9/14/17
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
I believe you are talking about the beta release announcement of Introducing managed SSL for Google App Engine. A workaround on the "Failed to activate certificate" error posted on this thread is to delete all custom domain names and add them back.

You can also find the related Public Issue Tracker on this thread.

Attila-Mihaly Balazs

Sep 15, 2017, 1:27:27 AM9/15/17
to Google App Engine
@Kenworth: I think the link you've meant to post is https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/35900034

(the one actually posted seems like some kind of internal, for googlers only version of it).

Cheers,
Attila

Kenworth (Google Cloud Platform)

Sep 17, 2017, 8:17:45 PM9/17/17