Need guidance on how to deploy changes to App Engine.

Mesam Haider

Jul 16, 2017, 4:04:16 AM7/16/17
to Google App Engine
Hi Google Support!

I want to know how i can deploy changes to the App Engine, once my Web service has been deployed once already. Can you please advise? The last time i did a redeploy, my application broke.

George (Cloud Platform Support)

Jul 17, 2017, 11:34:03 AM7/17/17
to Google App Engine
Hi Mesam,

What you did was the right thing. One has to re-deploy the app, there is no way around it, as you can't update just desired parts of it that you had modified. To avoid breaking a working version when deploying updates, you may decide to deploy the modified app as a separate version, and test it this way, until it works as expected.