AppEngine Datastore Admin fails with 500. Server Error. without Errors in Log...

Ruslan Ragimov

Sep 1, 2015, 10:25:04 AM9/1/15
to Google App Engine
Hello everybody!

Need help! I cannot backup my database on app engine using datastore admin because I get 500 "Server Error" by opening datastore admin.
Can anybody help me?

The url which I can see at the moment of 500 server error is:

This app has a custom domain configured on www.holobuilder.com. But I don't think that this is the problem. Because I already have other apps with custom domains which are works with datastore admin without problems.
One thing is that I use a shiro authentication on www.holobuilder.com and on other apps just build in google authentication. May it cause the problem?

And why I can't see any errors in the log on app engine...?!

I will be happy for any help!

Cheers!

Nick (Cloud Platform Support)

Sep 1, 2015, 3:12:21 PM9/1/15
to Google App Engine
Hey Ruslan,

Google Groups isn't really the best place to post such a thread, since this forum is meant for more general discussion of the platform rather than individual technical issues. I suggest posting a thread to the public issue tracker in instances such as these where it doesn't appear to be caused by your own code/configuration, with something breaking compared to the documentation / expectation.

Nonetheless, I'm glad to help out for now. It used to be possible to view the ah-builtin-python-bundle module (the module handling the Datastore backup) from the "Monitoring > Logs" view of the Developers Console, but this doesn't appear possible anymore. You can, however, still view these logs in the old console at appengine.google.com. Let me know if you can find the cause of the errors by inspecting the logs there.

Best wishes,

Nick

Ruslan Ragimov

Sep 2, 2015, 4:00:42 AM9/2/15
to Google App Engine
Hey Nick,

thank you for your answer! I will post this question in the public issue tracker as well. I just test the logs of ah-builtin-python-bundle and there is also no errors. By the way, these logs you can see only in old console, you was right. All what I see is just normal last request, which actually fails at the end.
_ah/login_required?continue=https://ah-builtin-python-bundle-dot-bitstars-armro.appspot.com/_ah/datastore_admin/%3Fapp_id%3Ds~bitstars-armro%26adminconsolecustompage302

Best regards,
Ruslan

Ruslan Ragimov

Sep 2, 2015, 4:30:09 AM9/2/15
to Google App Engine
So... I fixed it. This really stupid, that you can't see the actual error. So, what I did, is in old appengine console -> Application Settings -> Basics -> Authentication Type changed from (Experemental) Federated Login to Google Accounts API.
Hope this helps somebody to save searching time. A lost a lot of it...

Best regards,
Ruslan

Nick (Cloud Platform Support)

Sep 3, 2015, 12:49:58 PM9/3/15
to Google App Engine
Hey Ruslan,

That's good to hear. We'll be following up on your public issue tracker issue to get this looked at. Thanks for reporting and thanks for coming back to explain what happened!

Best wishes,

Nick