Understand Pricing model

Sharad Soni

Apr 9, 2018, 9:20:45 AM4/9/18
to Google App Engine
Hi,
I have gone through all the resources available on understanding how the pricing works, However, I was unable to understand it properly.
I have attached the transaction details of my billing.

My Configuration:
Flex Environment, NO DATABASE

Actually, I was just trying to put a static PHP (CodeIgniter) website.

I have deployed the app multiple times, to get it done correctly.
But my site is never visited i.e. <project_id>.appspot.com

Still, I am charged around more than 1000 INR.

Can anyone please explain as for how Flex Engine Instance Core and RAM works because it shows the usage of 288.068 Hours and GB Hours Respectively and I have not used it.

Thanks,
Sharad Soni

Untitled.png

Digil(Google Cloud Platform Support)

Apr 9, 2018, 5:46:08 PM4/9/18
to Google App Engine
Hello Sharad,

The GAE Flexible environment instance resources are charged on a per-second basis with a one-minute minimum usage cost. Which means, if you have a resource(Ex:1GB RAM) attached to a GAE flexible environment, its usage is calculated as follows:-

Using 1 GB of RAM in your GAE Flexi Environment cost = $0.0071/hour (as per the doc.)

For a day $0.0071*24                                                             = $0.1704

For a month $0.1704*30 = $5.112

You can also use the ‘Pricing Calculator’, to get an estimate of your usage as well.

After calculating your usage cost and still, you have any discrepancy, I would strongly suggest you to contact the billing team for further clarification.

On an additional note, it is also highly advisable to check the help center article on ‘Choosing an App Engine Environment’, before deploying any application.