Not able to register for Google Cloud Platform Free Trial

Sarmistha Guha Thakurta

Apr 7, 2017, 9:19:54 AM4/7/17
to Google App Engine
I was trying to register for the Free Trial of Google Cloud Platform. However, after I filled up my data and credit card details, though My VISA credit card was debited with $1 but I was shown an error "Transaction was declined due to an Invalid Payment". I tried with AMEX card as well but still the same error?
#GoogleCloudPlatform #FreeTrial #GCP

Jun (Cloud Platform Support)

Apr 7, 2017, 2:14:49 PM4/7/17
to Google App Engine
Hi, reaching out to the billing team by filing a billing support request at [1] will be the best place to ask for assistance for your situation.

Vivek m

Apr 8, 2017, 3:03:22 AM4/8/17
to Google App Engine
me too facing the same problem while trying to register for the free trail account with my visa card and details but it shows  Transaction was declined :Invalid Payment method
Message has been deleted

Jun (Cloud Platform Support)

Apr 10, 2017, 11:06:55 AM4/10/17
to Google App Engine
Hi Vivek and Sarmistha,

I further checked internally, and find out that currently this is a known issue that the engineering is working on a fix.

That said, I've just created an issue [1] at the Issue Tracker so that you and all other affected users would be able to directly get further updates as to the issue.

Jun

sugaraj rajamanickam

Apr 13, 2017, 9:11:48 AM4/13/17
to Google App Engine
Hello Jun,

I am also facing the same issue. Do i have to raise a issue too?

Thanks in advance

Jun (Cloud Platform Support)

Apr 13, 2017, 10:06:11 AM4/13/17
to Google App Engine
Hi Sugarja,

You don't need to raise an issue at the issue tracker, or it will be marked as duplicate as mine. What I suggest you now is to star the issue I created at [1], and wait for further updates from the appropriate team.

- Jun

Devanshu Verma

Apr 27, 2017, 9:12:39 AM4/27/17
to Google App Engine

I have been facing the since a very long time. Guys at google please wake up, if you are seeing any of this.

Jun (Cloud Platform Support)

Apr 27, 2017, 10:41:46 AM4/27/17
to Google App Engine
Hi Devanshu,

Please star the issue 37202951 and update the issue there accordingly, and we will update the thread once there is further notice from the engineering.

-Jun

Jun (Cloud Platform Support)

May 4, 2017, 1:01:06 PM5/4/17
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
For the affected customers, please do the following:

1- Re-try to see if you'll be able to add your payment method as a valid one as expected;

2- If re-try does not work, then please contact the billing support per instructions at [1], thanks.

- Jun

Pratik Rai

Jun 8, 2017, 1:09:31 PM6/8/17
to Google App Engine
Hi Jun

Same problem. Why cannot Google fix it forever ? Not a big deal for them.

Pls advice

Thanks
Pratik

徐少騏

Jul 11, 2017, 8:16:28 AM7/11/17
to Google App Engine

Same problem

Devanshu Verma於 2017年4月27日星期四 UTC+8下午9時12分39秒寫道:

Developer Coder

Sep 7, 2017, 9:11:51 AM9/7/17
to Google App Engine
Hi
I want to open account in Google Cloud Platform so i have read the documentation. When i open this https://console.cloud.google.com/freetrial?page=0 and add the basic detail.
After that when i add detail in Payment Method and click on Start my free trial button then it said Invalid card detail try with another card and account is not activate. I have tried with VISA card and Master Card. So kindly please do some help that how to solve this issue?
I just want to know that credit card is required to open account in Google Cloud Platform Or we can use Bank account number also to open account on it?

Kesava Banyala

Sep 21, 2017, 10:01:04 AM9/21/17
to Google App Engine
Hi, All
I'm trying to sign up with Google Cloud Platform, while registering with debit card details in payment Option, It is throwing an error.
User another card, but mine is visa card.
Some body Try to help me.

RAJ KUMAR

Oct 13, 2017, 9:03:40 AM10/13/17
to Google App Engine

You can use EMV Debit card of following banks.

ICICI bank, HDFC bank,AXIS bank.I would like to suggest you to visit my blog for detail answer.

Not able to register for Google Cloud Platform Free Trial offer using Debit card/Credit card?

RAJ KUMAR

Abhishek Jain

Jan 14, 2018, 11:57:38 AM1/14/18
to Google App Engine
For me money it cut for cards around 1 dollar , from 2 different cards total 3 times but still I can't register

vibheesha velayudha

Feb 16, 2018, 8:59:00 AM2/16/18
to Google App Engine
I wanted to register to the free trial by my debit card but an error saying the cvc entered is not correct is shown each and every time with any debit card. Can you please help me out. But when I was going through the Google cloud platform payments page it said all visa debit cards are accepted.

nabilah zulkefli

Mar 25, 2018, 12:12:29 PM3/25/18
to Google App Engine

hi there... im also haved the same issue... i was trying to register for the free trial of google cloud... however, after i filled up my data and debit card details, though my master card was debited with $1 but it was shown an error "transaction declined:invalid payment method"... i've tried twice and my account also being deducted twice but i cannot proceed with registration... pls help me!!!!

cloud.png
Screenshot_20180324-203756.png

vibheesha velayudha

Mar 25, 2018, 12:18:36 PM3/25/18
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
No I tried all stuff with gc and other vps services from azure,aws etc and none work. Gc bans u withing few hours

On Sun 25 Mar, 2018, 9:42 PM nabilah zulkefli, <forex...@gmail.com> wrote:

hi there... im also haved the same issue... i was trying to register for the free trial of google cloud... however, after i filled up my data and debit card details, though my master card was debited with $1 but it was shown an error "transaction declined:invalid payment method"... i've tried twice and my account also being deducted twice but i cannot proceed with registration... pls help me!!!!

Mohamed Ramzy

Aug 7, 2018, 9:01:57 AM8/7/18
to Google App Engine
I also having this issue now , Any help please ?

Elvis Ngwa Ambe

Aug 17, 2018, 9:01:16 AM8/17/18
to Google App Engine
Also facing the same issue!!!

Yasser Karout (Cloud Platform Support)

Aug 17, 2018, 12:12:54 PM8/17/18
to Google App Engine
An issue has already been created for this [1]. I recommend to star the issue so that you can get notified when it is updated.

Trav Shadows

Nov 14, 2018, 1:25:34 PM11/14/18
to Google App Engine
Yes. But even with EMV card, you get the notification - "This card does not accept automatic payments" So while you do get in, they will close down your account in a few months. I dont know how many months you'll get free trial though

Dan S (Cloud Platform Support)

Nov 15, 2018, 2:01:23 PM11/15/18
to Google App Engine

Hello,

It seems that our GCP engineering team is aware of this issue actively working on it. You can get updates on the progress of this fix by following the already mentioned issue tracker link[1].

The credit card information is required to confirm the identity"[2]and let us know that you are not a robot". Therefore, this issue should not close your account.

However, you can experience some issue if your free trial gets expired or if your application exceeds usage limits. Kindly note that, as eligible to a free trial on Google Cloud Platform, you will be allowed to explore our products for 12-months, respecting the limit of $300(credit Free Trial). You can find more detail regarding Google Cloud Platform Free Tier in the following FAQ link[3]

I hope this information has met your needs.

[1] https://cloud.google.com/free/docs/frequently-asked-questions

[2] https://cloud.google.com/free/docs/frequently-asked-questions#why-credit-card

[3]https://cloud.google.com/free/docs/frequently-asked-questions#free-tier

Akki Akki

Feb 25, 2019, 3:56:47 PM2/25/19
to Google App Engine
It doesnt work with Axis EMV card

diogoa...@google.com

Apr 2, 2019, 6:18:08 PM4/2/19
to Google App Engine

If you still have issues completing the registration, please contact the Billing team for further assistance [1][2].

Atanu Chatterjee

Jul 17, 2020, 4:01:00 PM7/17/20
to Google App Engine
Any email id is there for Google billing support team ? I have tried two times and both the time amount is deducted from my Credit Card but still my account did not activate
Please help me if someone got this issue and get any resolution....

Katayoon (Cloud Platform Support)

Jul 20, 2020, 2:34:48 PM7/20/20
to Google App Engine
Hi Atanu,

You can reach out to the Cloud Billing team via following the "Contact Cloud Billing Support" link provided in this documentation. You can find multiple channels of free Cloud Billing support there such as phone, chat, community support and create a ticket with the billing team.

Sri Harsha

May 3, 2021, 5:08:10 PM5/3/21
to Google App Engine

Hi,

I'm unable to activate GCP free trial, whenever I try it just deducts nominal amount and again takes me back to same page.

Tried to chat with support, but Billing Assistant is of no use and when tried option "Contact Billing support"  it says that I should be a billing administrator to use this option.

Appreciate any help

Animesh Sharma

May 4, 2021, 9:04:22 AM5/4/21
to Google App Engine
Even I am facing the same issue. It lands on the same billing page without any error message. But Rs 1 deducted every time. I tried with citi, stantard charted and SBI visa cards. Need help!!!

Animesh Sharma

May 4, 2021, 9:04:27 AM5/4/21
to Google App Engine
Every time Rs 1 got deducted but it lands on the same page. Without showing me any error message. Neither the accounts got activated.

Jitesh Jethwa

May 4, 2021, 12:24:31 PM5/4/21
to Google App Engine
Hi,

I have tried with 2 different gmail id and 2 different credit cards. Total 10 transactions are done. Everytime amount is deducted from account but it's always redirecting to billing page. Worst part I have reach out to sales team who were suppose to revert but unfortunately nothing heard from sales team. I really doubt if there is any team who is looking into this issue.
To be precise I am facing this issue since 28-April-2021.

Help from goole cloud team really appreciated.

Jitesh Jethwa

May 4, 2021, 12:24:47 PM5/4/21
to Google App Engine
Me too not able to register successfully.
Help from cloud team really appreciated.

David (Cloud Platform Support)

May 4, 2021, 4:48:46 PM5/4/21
to Google App Engine
Hello,

I have brought this issue to the attention of the Cloud Billing engineering team. Please follow this Issue Tracker

Animesh Sharma

May 5, 2021, 9:11:00 AM5/5/21
to Google App Engine
Billing account is activated now. I would suggest all to try with Firefox browser. I am able to do so by the firefox only.

Animesh Sharma

May 5, 2021, 9:11:12 AM5/5/21
to Google App Engine
Just talked with GCP support team, They are saying that there are some updation going on on billing module. Thats why this is happening to many users.  I tried this time on firefox. It worked but billing account gets suspended. : ( . Submitted the verification form for manual verification.

anand chaudhary

May 6, 2021, 3:54:36 PM5/6/21
to Google App Engine
Hi All,

I am also not able to register even money has been debited. It is not moving after step2. By any chance anybody knows when it will get fixed .

Regards,
Anand

Doyita Mitra

Oct 18, 2021, 12:49:59 PM10/18/21
to Google App Engine
Hello,

Unable to sign up for the trial account, even after using different payment methods. I always get "Your request failed.[OR-CCSEH-23] error". Any suggestions on how to get this fixed?

Regards,

D Mitra

wokmou

Oct 18, 2021, 5:08:53 PM10/18/21
to Google App Engine
Hello,

*Check if the current payment method is accepted by google. As there are limitations depending on the country your in. What i can suggest is try the following workaround:

Remove Google Account:
Open your device's Settings app.
Under "Accounts," touch Google and then the account you want to remove.
Touch the Menu icon in the top right corner of the screen.
Touch Remove account.

Clear the cache & data of the Play Store
Open your device's Settings app Settings.
Scroll down and tap Google Play Store.
Tap Storage and then Clear Cache.
Next, tap Clear data.
This gives the app a fresh start and can help fix issues.

Add Google Account:
Open your device's Settings app.
Under "Accounts," touch Add account > Google Google.
Follow the instructions to add your account.
If needed, repeat steps to add multiple accounts.

Regards,