Issue with appengine-gcs-client dependency

Paul Mazzuca

Jul 22, 2016, 8:08:54 PM7/22/16
to Google App Engine

I just received this error for the first time without having made any changes to my code.

Failed to collect dependencies at com.google.appengine.tools:appengine-gcs-client:jar:0.6 -> com.google.http-client:google-http-client:jar:[1.19.0,2.0): No versions available for com.google.http-client:google-http-client:jar:[1.19.0,2.0) within specified range -> [Help 1]

After looking in the Maven Repository, I found the following which seems to me to be within the specified range.  Could I be missing something here? Anyone else having the same problem?

<dependency>
    <groupId>com.google.http-client</groupId>
    <artifactId>google-http-client</artifactId>
    <version>1.22.0</version>
</dependency>

Adam (Cloud Platform Support)

Jul 23, 2016, 2:01:44 PM7/23/16
to Google App Engine
It's an issue with the metadata for google-http-client being out of date on the Maven central repository. A workaround is here. The issue has been reported here.