Task queues failed to load on console

Smash IO

Aug 18, 2016, 3:20:06 AM8/18/16
to Google App Engine
Hi

I'm having trouble displaying the task queues page on the app-engine console. I noticed yesterday before the problem occurred that many jobs were being spawned on the console. I'm not sure if it was a code or a system problem. I've included a HAR capture that highlights the problem in red - it looks like the angular JS scripts are failing with too many request (429) errors owing to the large number of tasks they're trying to fetch.

Is there a way to limit the rows to 10 or 20 so I can at least load the page (and delete tasks manually) or could an administrator delete all the tasks for me (please)?

Thanks in advance

Smash Admin

error.png

Smash IO

Aug 18, 2016, 4:40:14 AM8/18/16
to Google App Engine
It seems after the quota was reset an hour ago the problem disappeared. The queues and cron jobs seem to be working and the logs don't report any unusual problems. The evidence points to a script problem on the console. And I can view tasks!

If it happens again I'll report this problem.

Nick (Cloud Platform Support)

Aug 18, 2016, 6:05:35 PM8/18/16
to Google App Engine
Thanks for your report, Smash IO!

Some UI views in the Console use API calls to source their data, which do have a quota. It's possible your project was at it's quota for those calls in the given time period. Feel free to file a Public Issue Tracker report any time you see an error on the platform in future, though, even if it's possibly expected or your own, if it seems out of the ordinary, we'd love to take a look.

Cheers,

Nick
Cloud Platform Community Support