GCP fails at setting up payment

Lorenz Leutgeb

May 17, 2016, 6:06:10 PM5/17/16
to Google App Engine
Hi!

I am facing many problems with payment. The thing is that I have nowhere to report this, as I do not pay extra for support. Posting on this mailing list is kind of my last resort hoping that somebody at Google will pick up my complaint.

I am Austrian and switching to a German bank. I have a MasterCard debit card backed by my bank account I want to use. So far so good.

When adding this as a payment method, Google claims that my card is prepaid (which it is not), so I cannot use it (cross-post on SO: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/37279504 ). That's a solid fail already, but fair enough, let's use my bank account directly.

It is impossible to use an Austrian address in connection with a German IBAN/BIC for no apparent reason. Either IBAN validation fails because the country code (IBAN prefix) does not match, or postal code verification does not match because Austria uses four digits and Germany uses five.

By the way, your maxlength for IBANs is 30 characters, but this is only correct for the portion after the country code, so in total it should be 32. The maxlength for BICs also appears invalid though I did not check in depth.

Please resolve this issues by either fixing your check for prepaid cards or relaxing silly constraints on what my IBAN should be...

Thank you!

Lorenz

Zeehad (Cloud Platform Support)

May 18, 2016, 11:55:27 AM5/18/16
to Google App Engine
Hello Lorenz,

Google Cloud Platform Billing support does not necessarily require you to sign up for a paid support package. I can see how the issue you've described is keeping you from using the platform. I recommend you to immediately fill out this form and a member of the Billing support team will be in touch with you.

I hope that helps. Cheers!

herman

May 18, 2016, 9:00:56 PM5/18/16
to Google App Engine
Last I tried to upgrade my free app engine to a paid one. I used a debit credit card. GAE did not accept this. I let it there, because I still in devellopment mode... AFTER ONE YEAR ...Suddenly last week my account was suspended. Contacted 3 people from Google, but they cannot do anything. Google asked for a copy of your passport etc. But in the end ...you have to have a valid credit card not a debit. But it seems you can activate with a bank account...but a Dutch bank seems not valid too. Project ID 459387801408 Sometimes it is not easy to get a credit card..so we are now in a weird situation.

Zeehad (Cloud Platform Support)

May 19, 2016, 1:00:04 PM5/19/16
to Google App Engine
Hello Herman,

Any questions related to your billing setup issue need to be submitted by filling out this form. The Billing support team can then suggest you the best possible solution / next steps for you.

Cheers!

herman

May 19, 2016, 9:27:25 PM5/19/16
to Google App Engine
Thanks Zeehad,

I did. I uploaded: a passport copy, utility bill etc. - but I do not have a valid credit card. At this moment it is very difficult to get one, perhaps in the near future. There are sometimes moments in your life that these things are difficult to arrange (credit card). I had an old account of GAE that I did not use - I could revive it. In a few months time I want to go to Beta mode.  So I am saved for the moment. I seems that to have a new account for GAE you need a valid credit card . That means that there are a lot of people in the world that cannot access GAE at this moment.

Here is the reply from Google:
RE: [#09246205] General Cloud Billing Query [] [ ref:_00D00VNwG._50060xsjcj:ref ]

Hello Herman,

Thank you for updating your payment method. Unfortunately, we cannot reactivate your Your Google Cloud Platform / API billing account as the updated payment method is still invalid. Prepaid cards are not acceptable forms of payment for Google Cloud Platform.

As a result of this, all projects associated with this billing account will also remain suspended.

If you would like to re-open your billing account, please add a valid payment method.

Regards,
Melissa
Google Cloud Platform Billing

Cheeers !