App Engine pricing and billing

Emiel van Lankveld

Jun 12, 2017, 11:45:41 AM6/12/17
to Google App Engine
Hi,

I recently deployed my Rails app to the Google App Engine, and I am wondering where I can see an indication of the costs of the App. When I look at the dashboard it shows there are zero requests, but I know for a fact that there are hundreds of people actively using the app. In the billing overview there is no indication of any costs regarding the App Engine (will it be listed under App Engine or will it be different types of costs spread between Storage / SQL / Compute?).

I hope someone is able to clarify what I'm missing.
Screen Shot 2017-06-12 at 16.18.04.png

Yannick (Cloud Platform Support)

Jun 12, 2017, 1:37:24 PM6/12/17
to Google App Engine
Hello Emiel. A breakdown of charges for resources in your project should be available on your Billing page. I encourage you to read through the App Engine Pricing
 page to understand those charges. Note that you are charged for the resources (instance time) that you use, not for how much utilization they see.

As for the traffic graph you're looking at, the value is an average per second and you can mouse over to any part of the graph to get the average for that time period. It also tends to round down so if your average number of requests per second is below zero, it will show zero.

Emiel van Lankveld

Jun 14, 2017, 9:09:31 AM6/14/17
to Google App Engine
Hi Yannick,

Thanks for your response. I was using Compute Engine and SQL before deploying the App Engine app, but it appears that nothing new is shown on my billing page. The only things I am being billed for are the same things that I was already being billed for before deploying the App Engine app, unless I am completely blind...

Yannick (Cloud Platform Support)

Jun 14, 2017, 1:58:24 PM6/14/17
to Google App Engine
If you have questions regarding the charges accrued by your account it might be best to contact Billing and Payments support so that they can hopefully tell you what your App Engine Flex charges are.