Google App Engine Search API, searching in multiple indexes

omair.s...@arbisoft.com

Mar 3, 2014, 4:40:44 AM3/3/14
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Since GAE 1.9 release the search API indexes are limited to 10 GB data only. so the problem is if we have to save data more than this limit then we will have to spread it in multiple indexes and we will have to do queries in multiple indexes. So how can we perform search across multiple indexes

Vinny P

Mar 3, 2014, 1:44:27 PM3/3/14
On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 3:40 AM, <omair.s...@arbisoft.com> wrote:
Since GAE 1.9 release the search API indexes are limited to 10 GB data only. so the problem is if we have to save data more than this limit then we will have to spread it in multiple indexes and we will have to do queries in multiple indexes. So how can we perform search across multiple indexes

Assuming you already have multiple indexes set and documents inserted, you can retrieve all available indexes by calling getIndexes (see the code example here: https://developers.google.com/appengine/docs/java/javadoc/com/google/appengine/api/search/SearchService ). After you have a reference to each index, you can call Index.search(Query) with your query. If you want to search multiple indexes simultaneously, you can call searchAsync() on each and block until all the responses come in.

-----------------
-Vinny P
Technology & Media Advisor
Chicago, IL

App Engine Code Samples: http://www.learntogoogleit.com

omair.s...@arbisoft.com

Mar 5, 2014, 2:26:14 AM3/5/14
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the reply Vinny,
I could not find the searchAsync() in python sdk , it is present in java.
could you please share any python documentation for searchAsync().

Thanks

Vinny P

Mar 5, 2014, 12:11:54 PM3/5/14
On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 1:26 AM, <omair.s...@arbisoft.com> wrote:
Thanks for the reply Vinny,
I could not find the searchAsync() in python sdk , it is present in java.
could you please share any python documentation for searchAsync().

It looks like async searches are not supported in Python just yet. You might want to star this issue tracking it: https://code.google.com/p/googleappengine/issues/detail?id=9606

Simeon Ivaylov Petrov

Mar 27, 2015, 7:25:11 AM3/27/15
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
If I search into multiple indexes I will not be able to sort all the merged results and paginate them correctly, is that right?

Thx