gae php mail quota too low, error?

Jukka Hautakorpi

Oct 5, 2017, 5:50:46 AM10/5/17
to Google App Engine

I have gae php app that has different php files to send me emails and also some notifications for customers

i have received sometimes errors about the quotas and after testing it, it seems that i can only send 1 - 14 emails / day.

Yesterday i received error once more and it was from the php feedback form that sends only 1 mail to me.
So the limit cannot be "too many emails / second or hour" because there was only 1 mail to be sent to me.

How can the quota limit be so vary and give errors so easily ? i only send 0-20 emails per day.

google\appengine\runtime\OverQuotaError
The API call mail.Send() required more quota than is available.
google\appengine\runtime\ApiProxy::makeSyncCall
Request
Status
500
User agent
Mozilla/5.0

(Linux; Android 7.0; SM-G930F Build/NRD90M; wv) AppleWebKit/537.36
(KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Chrome/61.0.3163.98 Mobile Safari/537.36
Service
default
Version
1

And to be sure you understand, for this 20 max email / day, i won't be changing the code to use the external api, i want to use the old mail-function !

Jukka Hautakorpi

Oct 5, 2017, 6:05:05 AM10/5/17
to Google App Engine
And just checked that billing is enabled.
I cannot find mail - limit from the quotas set-page?!

And here are today's quotas:

Mail
If you need a higher mail quota, you can use SendGrid to send email. Learn more
Resource Usage today Daily quota Per-minute quota Rate limit status
Mail API Calls
6 of 1 771 789
0 %
-- of 4 928
Standard rate
Recipients Emailed
6 % --
Standard rate
Message Body Data Sent
0,000004 of 29,5764 GB
0 %
-- of 0,08 GB
Standard rate

Yannick (Cloud Platform Support)

Oct 5, 2017, 11:43:03 AM10/5/17
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Hello Jukka, in addition to the quotas, you should also make sure you are not running into one of the following limits: https://cloud.google.com/appengine/docs/standard/python/mail/#quotas_and_limits

Another important question is, what happened once you tried to resend that message? Does it fail again? Can you send other messages?

Jukka Hautakorpi

Oct 7, 2017, 1:26:05 PM10/7/17
to Google App Engine
I've seen these limits and they cannot be the reason.
There must be some other bug in the limiting system of sending the mail.
I also got this error by sending manually 4 feedbacks with this form:
tuunixajopaivakirja.appspot.com/index.php?sivu=palaute
(https removed from link)
so there was NO documented limit=quota that could have been exeeded!

what's going on??

Jukka Hautakorpi

Oct 9, 2017, 2:24:25 PM10/9/17
to Google App Engine
Please Google check this problem out! It must be a bug in the quota limits!

Kenworth (Google Cloud Platform)

Oct 9, 2017, 4:01:24 PM10/9/17
to Google App Engine
Google Groups discussion forum is meant for open-ended discussions. This issue is leading to an increasingly specific situation and may potentially qualify as a defect on the platform. As such, I would recommend you submit a public issue tracker which most likely ask for your project details to further investigate the issue. You can refer to this thread as a background to the issue tracker and feel free to post here any updates that may help community users experiencing same issue.

I look forward to your issue report.