Call to pubsub publish hangs

Vinay Chitlangia

Apr 15, 2017, 12:23:24 AM4/15/17
to Google App Engine
All our calls to do a publish are hanging.
Our servers are running on flex (non-compat) running pubsub 0.9.4-alpha jars.

Attached are logs...Just before doing the publishing..we log out "Publishing..." and just after log "Published".
The logs only have Publishing...they never make it to Published.

The snippets of the pubsub code is:
public class PubSubNugget extends FinalTouchNugget {
@Override
public void work() {
try {
PubsubMessage pubsubMessage = PubsubMessage.newBuilder().setData("payload".getBytes).build();
logger.warning("Publishing!!");
Publisher publisher = publisher();
publisher.publish(pubsubMessage).get();
publisher.shutdown();
logger.warning("Published");
} catch (Exception e) {
logger.warning(ExceptionUtils.getFullStackTrace(e));
}
}

private static TopicName initTopicName() {
return TopicName.create(YConfiguration.get().applicationId(), YConfiguration.get().pubsubTopic());
}
private static Publisher publisher() {
try {
return Publisher.newBuilder(topicName).build();
} catch (IOException e) {
logger.warning(ExceptionUtils.getFullStackTrace(e));
return null;
}
}

private static TopicName topicName = initTopicName();
private static final Logger logger = Logger.getLogger(PubSubNugget.class.getName());
}
Screen Shot 2017-04-15 at 9.30.43 AM.png

Adam (Cloud Platform Support)

Apr 15, 2017, 3:37:42 PM4/15/17
to Google App Engine
Is this still occurring? If so, please file an issue on the Issue Tracker if you can provide a way to reproduce the issue.