Important notice for owners of Google App Engine applications that use the Files API

Janani Thanigachalam

Jul 28, 2015, 9:54:32 PM7/28/15
to google-a...@googlegroups.com

Dear App Engine Customer,

This is to announce that the deprecated Files API will soon be completely removed.

If you have applications using the Files API you will have already been sent email explaining the situation and recommended course of action. If you missed those emails and believe your application may be using the API, please visit the turndown page for full details.

The shutdown schedule for the Files API has been recently revised. The new schedule is:

  • July 29th 2015: The Files API will be disabled for 1 hour starting at 2 am Pacific time (9 am UTC), and again for 1 hour starting at 9 am Pacific time (4 pm UTC).

  • August 26th, 2015: The Files API will be disabled for 24 hours, starting at 2 am Pacific time (9 am UTC).

  • September 9th, 2015: The Files API will be permanently disabled.

We strongly encourage developers to start switching over to the Cloud Storage Client Library today.

If you have any questions regarding this communication, you can reach us via this support form.

Regards,

Janani Thanigachalam

Technical Program Manager, Google Cloud Platform

Janani Thanigachalam

Sep 8, 2015, 7:44:34 PM9/8/15
to Google App Engine

Dear App Engine Customer,

This is to inform you that we will be permanently disabling the Files API on September 9th, 2015.

If you have applications using the Files API you will have already been sent email explaining the situation and recommended course of action.

If you missed those emails and believe your application may be using the API, please visit the turndown page for full details.

If you have any questions regarding this communication, you can reach us via this support form.

Regards,

Janani Thanigachalam

Technical Program Manager, Google Cloud Platform

husayt

Sep 10, 2015, 5:59:47 PM9/10/15
to Google App Engine
Janani,

there is still a serious issue in new api which brakes appengine GCS client and as a result we can't do any local testing.

Here i explain the issue:

 Arie advised me that
"however the fix for it is not in the library but rather in the AE SDK which unfortunately is not yet public."

I wonder who can advise us when will the fix be released.
This is not first time when GAE team deprecates a feature with broken alternative.

The issue is paralysing all our development currently.
Looking forward for your reply.

Huseyn