Why haven't I got an AppEngine Launcher?

Cherry Austin

Nov 19, 2016, 10:58:36 AM11/19/16
to Google App Engine

I followed the instructions and the SDK is working. But I'm having to do it all through a console. I thought the launcher was something like this, which would be far easier!

What am I missing?

OS: Windows 10
Language: Python 2.7.3

Dev Mukherjee

Nov 20, 2016, 6:11:12 PM11/20/16
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
If you post an error message or console script's output you'd have a better chance of getting some help.

Hard to say what you're missing without having a look at some output.

George Bittmann

Nov 21, 2016, 3:56:48 PM11/21/16
to Google App Engine
First, go to this page.

Click the text underneath the button this will open up a new area. You can download the 'original' which has the GUI. I'm not sure why they are moving away from the GUI as the preferred option, it's a great selling point to have a simple interface to do the work.