ERROR: (gcloud.app.deploy) Operation [apps/***/operations/***] timed out. This operation may still be underway.

Jufni Rizada

Mar 19, 2018, 9:25:32 AM3/19/18
to Google App Engine
Hi, I tried to follow this tutorial in getting started with Google Cloud Endpoints: https://cloud.google.com/endpoints/docs/openapi/get-started-app-engine

I managed to successfully deploy the Endpoints configuration using the sample source code. However, when I tried to deploy the API backend to App Engine. I encountered the following error:

ERROR: (gcloud.app.deploy) Operation [apps/***/operations/***] timed out. This operation may still be underway.

This was my updated app.yaml:
------------------------------
--
runtime: python
env: flex

runtime_config:
  python_version: 3

# [START configuration]
endpoints_api_service:
  name: xxxxxxx.appspot.com
  config_id: xxxxxxx
 # [END configuration]

liveness_check:
   check_interval_sec: 120
   timeout_sec: 40
   failure_threshold: 5
   success_threshold: 5
   initial_delay_sec: 500

readiness_check:
  check_interval_sec: 120
  timeout_sec: 40
  failure_threshold: 5
  success_threshold: 5
  app_start_timeout_sec: 3500

I hope you can give feedback on how to resolve this. Thanks!

Kenworth (Google Cloud Platform)

Mar 19, 2018, 11:46:56 AM3/19/18
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
I saw your bug report here. Correctly setting the 'config_id' and removing it from app.yaml fixed the issue.