Deploying with one command, not three

Joshua Fox

Aug 6, 2017, 8:54:16 AM8/6/17
to google-a...@googlegroups.com, App Engine Flexible
We want to deploy the app, the cron and the indexes in one command, but this does not work
         mvn appengine:deploy -Dapp.deploy.deployables=app.yaml cron.yml queue.yaml
We are forced to run three separate mvn appengine:deploy commands, one each for each of these. This is very slow. How can we deploy all at once.

(Using com.google.cloud.tools:appengine-maven-plugin)

Joshua Fox

Aug 6, 2017, 9:17:18 AM8/6/17
to google-a...@googlegroups.com, App Engine Flexible
Actually, five commands are needed just to deploy -- how can we do it with one?
mvn appengine:deploy
mvn appengine:deployCron
mvn appengine:deployDispatch
mvn appengine:deployIndex
mvn appengine:deployQueue
--

JOSHUA FOX
Principal Software Architect | Freightos

T (Israel): +972-545691165 | T (US):  +1-3123400953
Smooth shipping.

Vitaly Bogomolov

Aug 6, 2017, 4:01:26 PM8/6/17
to Google App Engine, app-engin...@googlegroups.com
gcloud app deploy --quiet --project $(PROJECT) -v $(VERSION) app.yaml backend.yaml cron.yaml index.yaml queue.yaml

works fine

Joshua Fox

Aug 7, 2017, 7:33:47 AM8/7/17
to google-a...@googlegroups.com, App Engine Flexible, vit....@gmail.com
Thank you. We know that this is doable in gcloud.

But we are using Maven to deploy rather than directly calling gcloud

How do we do it in Maven?

On Sun, Aug 6, 2017 at 11:01 PM, Vitaly Bogomolov <vit....@gmail.com> wrote:
gcloud app deploy --quiet --project $(PROJECT) -v $(VERSION) app.yaml backend.yaml cron.yaml index.yaml queue.yaml

works fine

Jordan (Cloud Platform Support)

Aug 7, 2017, 10:41:57 AM8/7/17
to Google App Engine, app-engin...@googlegroups.com, vit....@gmail.com
The solution for the appengine-maven-plugin is to use the 'deployables' configuration goal in your pom.xml. If these do not work for you, the proper place to report a feature request or issue for the maven plugin is directly in their Git Issue tracker

<plugin>

<groupId>com.google.cloud.tools</groupId>

<artifactId>appengine-maven-plugin</artifactId>

<version>1.3.1</version>

<configuration>

<stage.stagingDirectory>${java.io.tmpdir}/appengine-staging</stage.stagingDirectory>

<deployables>

<param>${java.io.tmpdir}/appengine-staging/app.yaml</param>

<param>${java.io.tmpdir}/appengine-staging/queue.yaml</param>

<param>${java.io.tmpdir}/appengine-staging/cron.yaml</param>

<param>${java.io.tmpdir}/appengine-staging/dispatch.yaml</param>

<param>${java.io.tmpdir}/appengine-staging/index.yaml</param>

</deployables>

</configuration>
</plugin>

Joshua Fox

Aug 8, 2017, 2:08:17 AM8/8/17
to Rodrigo De Castro, google-a...@googlegroups.com, paf...@google.com, App Engine Flexible, Vitaly Bogomolov
Thank you. We have communicated with the Google dev tools team and they provided an answer, which they also summarized here.

Key points include:
- Don't use, for example, queue.yaml, but rather src/main/appengine/queue.yaml
- Comma-separate values
- To deploy, two commands may still be needed -- a separate  staging command before deployment

On Mon, Aug 7, 2017 at 6:28 PM, Rodrigo De Castro <r...@google.com> wrote:

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "App Engine Flexible" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/app-engine-flexible/CAD%3DB7cNXBQP6Pk%3D_jEJ5E%2BHM9ZR4zT7akZucpu4nNQmK8RCsMQ%40mail.gmail.com.