Is it possible to contribute to the GAE standard SDK?

Ivo Bellin Salarin

May 18, 2017, 3:56:31 PM5/18/17
to Google App Engine
Hi all,

I have found a limitation of the testbed.init_search_stub method. I would like to propose a pull request. Is it possible to contribute?

But the readme at the root of the repository scares me (looks like deprecated/unmaintaned/not exactly what I am looking for?)

As a brief description of what I would like to change: the SimpleSearchStub constructor allows passing a index_file. the init_search_stub calls the .ctor without passing any argument. (yeah, that's all)

Thanks in advance,
Ivo

Alex Martelli

May 18, 2017, 6:21:54 PM5/18/17
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Ciao Ivo,

enriching the testbed is definitely possible (and I have a vested interest in that happening, being a testing fanatic and one co-author of a prehistoric version of the testbed). However the GAE SDK, while available on github, is not developed there, but rather internally (other, newer open-source Google programs *are* developed on github -- just not that one, sigh).

If you send your patch to me privately I'll push it through internal channels. If you need my work email, you'll find it in the PDFs for any of my testing-related tech talks, such as http://www.aleax.it/yt_pydi.pdf (just happen to be top hit on my web search for that:-). (Italiano, my first language, and Français, my second one, also fine for private communication, though English, my third one, is the only language supported on these forums).

Alex

Attila-Mihaly Balazs

May 29, 2017, 7:50:13 AM5/29/17
to Google App Engine
BTW, I believe that the search service is deprecated so I would migrate off of it ASAP.

Attila