Flexible & Standard Appengine - Java

Rajesh Gupta

Apr 23, 2017, 8:55:42 AM4/23/17
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
We are on java standard appengine for 5+ years.

Just want to know, what is not available in Flexible env that is available in the Standard?

What are the showstoppers to move to a flexible appengine env from a Standard appengine.

--
Regards,
Rajesh

Adam (Cloud Platform Support)

Apr 23, 2017, 2:44:20 PM4/23/17
to Google App Engine
You can find a comprehensive list of changes in Migrating Services from the Standard Environment to the Flexible Environment. You'll need to migrate your app to use the public APIs instead of the standard environment APIs. The most straightforward way is to use the google-cloud-java library.

Some services are not available in the flexible environment, notably Memcache and Push Task Queues, however there are replacements in early access alpha which you can sign up for, or use alternative services like Redis Labs Memcache or Google Cloud Pub/Sub / Pull Queues.

David Hardwick

Apr 23, 2017, 5:10:34 PM4/23/17
to Google App Engine
Thanks for this, Adam, that's a great resource that I wasn't aware of until I read your thread response.  Your summary of the article was also helpful.