Can't delete service (module) from console

Attila-Mihaly Balazs

Jul 27, 2016, 5:52:01 AM7/27/16
to Google App Engine
FYI, currently trying to delete a service / module from the cloud console always results in an error - probably because the endpoint returns a 404:

https://console.cloud.google.com/m/gae/modules?pid=<project id>&serviceId=test-streaming&authuser=0

I tried the usual things (force refresh, log in / log out) to no avail.

Nicholas (Google Cloud Support)

Jul 28, 2016, 3:15:36 PM7/28/16
to Google App Engine
Thanks for sharing your experience here.
  • Could you provide a screenshot of the error?
  • Are you attempting to delete the default service?  If so, this cannot yet be done but is an active feature request.
  • If not the default service, is the service a standard or flexible environment?
  • Have you tried using the gcloud app services delete <service-name> command as a workaround?  There's an existing defect report about this.

Attila-Mihaly Balazs

Aug 1, 2016, 9:51:31 AM8/1/16
to Google App Engine
Thank you for the follow up.

The problem seems to have fixed itself in the meantime (ie. I just tried it now and it successfully deleted the service). FYI:

* This was NOT the default service
* This was a standard python service (ie. not a flexible environment one)

Cheers,
Attila

Nicholas (Google Cloud Support)

Aug 1, 2016, 11:57:15 AM8/1/16
to Google App Engine
I'm glad to hear this issue was transient.  Thank you nevertheless for bringing this up.

If this error returns, I would suggest filing a new defect report on the public issue tracker, linking back to this thread for context and attaching a HAR capture of Developers Console network requests to possibly give insight to the source of the error.