App engine instances increasing irrespective of app.yaml configuration

Karthik Raja

Jan 11, 2018, 9:39:08 AM1/11/18
to Google App Engine

This is my app.yaml contents

runtime: nodejs
env: flex
env_variables:
  NODE_ENV : development
automatic_scaling:
  min_num_instances: 1
  max_num_instances: 1
  cool_down_period_sec: 120 # default value

But my current running instances are 2.How to reduce that to 1 ?

Jordan (Cloud Platform Support)

Jan 11, 2018, 3:13:31 PM1/11/18
to Google App Engine
Just quickly looking at your projects I am only seeing a single version serving with 'max_num_instances: 1' and it does indeed only have one instance.

Google Groups is meant for general product discussions and not for reporting Google-end issues. If you see this issue in the future it is recommended to file a Public Issue Tracker with more details such as your project number, version, yaml config, and dashboard screenshot showing the multiple instances.