Appengine keeps restarting every 10 mins or so

christopher nolan

Nov 10, 2017, 9:44:05 AM11/10/17
to Google App Engine
During the time of restarting, our service or site are down. We have an app with normal servlet structure and Cloud SQL connections. The restarting does not seem to be triggered by any action, it just restarts itself every 10 mins.

After Google search, it seems this relates to health check.

I put

health_check:
  enable_health_check: False

in app.yaml

and add a servlet to "/_ah/health" to return 200

It still keeps restarting. I don't see any call to "/_ah/health" in log, so doubt it is because of health check.

Anyone experience the same issue?

Have to consider switching platforms if this issue cannot be fixed.

Yannick (Cloud Platform Support)

Nov 10, 2017, 2:14:28 PM11/10/17
to Google App Engine
Hello, I will be handling this conversation in Issue 69148756.