Custom Domain Is Associated With Non-Existant App Project

Mirza Baig

Sep 20, 2017, 3:44:26 PM9/20/17
to Google App Engine
A while go I had an App Engine project with a custom domain associated with it. I deleted that project but it looks like the domain is still associated with that project. I created a new project and it won't let me use that custom domain, it say's it's already associated with a project. What is the workaround? The old project doesn't exist anymore nor can I delete the custom domain.

Kenworth (Google Cloud Platform)

Sep 20, 2017, 5:17:34 PM9/20/17
to Google App Engine
When the warning appears, it usually gives you an option or a workaround to follow. Can you give a screenshot of the error?

Moreover, projects can be restored within 30 days before they are permanently deleted. A workaround is to restore the project, remove the custom domain on the restored project (as simple as clicking the trash button), and delete the project again.

Mirza Baig

Sep 20, 2017, 10:57:18 PM9/20/17
to Google App Engine

Kenworth (Google Cloud Platform)

Sep 21, 2017, 6:36:32 PM9/21/17
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Based on the new information you provided, I highly recommend reporting the issue on our Public Issue Tracker so proper attention can be given to it. You can reference this thread as a background to the issue.