public API

Handerson Contreras

Apr 9, 2015, 11:54:06 AM4/9/15
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi!!

what kind of service can i query with with API keys?

These APi keys work with custom "google endpoints" or only with Google API's like Google maps, calendar, etc?

Well,  I have my backend with "google endpoints" and I have a other web applications does queries to my backend, but i want to put security and only what my apps to do queries to my backend.

what do you think? what can i do?

thanks.

Patrice

Apr 17, 2015, 1:31:57 PM4/17/15
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I think you'd need to read up on this https://cloud.google.com/appengine/docs/java/endpoints/auth a little bit. (or this https://cloud.google.com/appengine/docs/python/endpoints/auth if you're using python).

You can also code in your endpoint to check the user who gives the request and block directly if the user should not be allowed.

Thanks