Account renamed = project ownership lost?

renamed_account

Apr 14, 2015, 5:47:09 PM4/14/15
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

We have a project with only one owner - a Google Apps account (us...@domain.com). For various reasons, the account's domain was changed to a different one and this the user was renamed to us...@old.domain.com. The bare domain (domain.com) was registered for a different Google Apps account.

Now, renaming user1's domain resulted in apparent loss of ownership over the project!

All attempts to open the Permissions page in Google Developers Console return an error ("You do not have sufficient permissions to view this page"). The project cannot be renamed or deleted from the Projects tab. Surprisingly, it likely can be deleted from the Settings tab.

How can we regain ownership of this project?

Second question: If it went for deletion, is there a way to preserve or reuse project ID (with a different owner)?

Regards,

Vinny P

Apr 20, 2015, 1:57:28 AM4/20/15
On Tue, Apr 14, 2015 at 4:47 PM, renamed_account <fund...@old.fsma.pl> wrote:
Now, renaming user1's domain resulted in apparent loss of ownership over the project!

All attempts to open the Permissions page in Google Developers Console return an error ("You do not have sufficient permissions to view this page"). The project cannot be renamed or deleted from the Projects tab. Surprisingly, it likely can be deleted from the Settings tab.

How can we regain ownership of this project?

Second question: If it went for deletion, is there a way to preserve or reuse project ID (with a different owner)?

You can't regain ownership of the project automatically - you'll probably need to have Google manually remap the project's permissions. You can file a production issue or send in this form

As for your second question, once a project is deleted you can't reuse or recover the ID.

-Vinny P
Technology & Media Consultant
Chicago, IL

App Engine Code Samples: http://www.learntogoogleit.com