what happened to geospatial search in the datastore?

hr lumiins

Aug 11, 2017, 3:27:27 AM8/11/17
to Google App Engine
Hi,
what happened to geospatial search in the datastore?  it was in alpha last year, but the documentation has been removed”

if it is fixed or changed , Pls send me with sample. little bit urgent for my project.

Thanks

Jordan (Cloud Platform Support)

Aug 11, 2017, 4:41:52 PM8/11/17
to Google App Engine
The latest update I can see from the docs is the release of 'google.type.LatLng'. LatLng is being maintained by engineering in the google-cloud repository. LatLng looks to be the newer GeoPt since it correctly uses Doubles (instead of Floats like in GeoPt) to store Lat and Lng.  For more information about the implementation of LatLng you can follow their Git repository.

- A workaround alternative would be to use the Search API (which is a separate variation of the Datastore, instead of 'entities' it uses 'documents'). The Search API has a GeoPoint search ability on saved documents